Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pinholes appearing in rads...

Hi All: happy new year...

Over the last few months pin holes have started to appear in our ch
radiators - which are fairly old, but thought to have been well maintained -
inhibitor in system etc.

The holes have appeared in 3 different rads. In the first two I was able to
tap a screw and seal them, but now a third rad has developed a pin hole but
in this case it is between the two leaves of a double rad, where I can't get
at it.

I see that there are some rad sealing products which we could try: any to
look out for that are known to be good?

And, how do these sealing products get on with (are they compatible with)
inhibitor solutions: can we add both at the same time?

(There has been various plumbing work over the last year or so, and I am not
sure of whether those who carried it out drained and/or replaced the
inhibitors.).

Cheers,