Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV interference

Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2 pc's,
router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.
I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via booster
in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down one cable to
this tv.

Anything I can do?
Many thanks

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2 pc's, router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.

OK, but you won't be needing analogue if you get DTT OK

I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and
feed down one cable to this tv.

Of course the D-SAT from the box in the other room is analogue too, you don't
say if that is wavy. Is it?

Anything I can do?
Many thanks

You mention the IT equipment near to the set, but don't say if you have eliminated
it as cause (by switching them off).
If it is this equipment you are probably going to have to move the TV away.
(can't believe you haven't tried that)
You might get some improvement by using a good quality well screened aerial
lead and experiment with the routing of the aerial and power cables w.r.t. the
other equipment.
You will probably need to move it though.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter" wrote in message
Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2
pc's, router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.
I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via
booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down one
cable to this tv.

Anything I can do?

stop watchuig analouge cos its all on digital which as you say is
and I quoyte "good".

Many thanks

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

OK I had switched all nearby electrics off with little difference, just
wondered if all the pc,s etc may have static that influences.
Sky is passed to all other rooms in the house without problem.
I suppose I wondered if there was anything that 'cleaned' a signal as it
entered the tv.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Trunt" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2
pc's, router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.
I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via
booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down one
cable to this tv.

Anything I can do?

stop watchuig analouge cos its all on digital which as you say is
and I quoyte "good".

Me in LR watching digi SWMBO in study watching sky.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:55:48 -0000, Peter wrote:

Sky is passed to all other rooms in the house without problem.

Does this new TV work fine in all the other places in the house that
other TVs work fine at? Conversely do the other TVs work fine where
this one doesn't?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter" wrote in message
Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2
pc's, router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.
I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via
booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down
one cable to this tv.

Anything I can do?

stop watchuig analouge cos its all on digital which as you say is
and I quoyte "good".

Me in LR watching digi SWMBO in study watching sky.

Unfortunately from you post I really have no idea how your
TV, cables and equip ment are set up.

To be quiet frank with you, but slightly rude ;O)
It sounds like a load of b*llocks.
Basically imcomprehensible.
I see no reason why you have to not use DTV what
so ever.
Perhaps you could explain why?
It might be better if you assume I am a complete idiot
who has to have things spellled out tot them and haas no
ability to read your mind, or indeed 'guess' how it is all set up.