Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV Interference

I have two TV's hooked to the same cable system with a splitter. When
I change channels on the main TV the other TV's signal will sometimes
degrade. For example, when the main TV is on ch 9 and the other TV is
on ch7, everything is OK. When I change the main TV to ch4 the other
TV's signal gets grainy. Any idea how to correct this problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North

There is poor signal path or ground in the cable system. I had this
problem also; could not find the source. I re-did the cable system in my
house from the terminal outside. All new cable run in the attic to 5
rooms, spitting the cable at each drop. I did the cable ends myself with
a crimp kit from Home Despot. All high quality gold fittings, splitters,
and wall terminals. Works flawlessly now; WAY better picture in all the
rooms than it ever had on any TV before.
JR

wrote:

I have two TV's hooked to the same cable system with a splitter. When
I change channels on the main TV the other TV's signal will sometimes
degrade. For example, when the main TV is on ch 9 and the other TV is
on ch7, everything is OK. When I change the main TV to ch4 the other
TV's signal gets grainy. Any idea how to correct this problem?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth