Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter[_18_] Peter[_18_] is offline

Default TV interference

"Graham." wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2
pc's, router , printer etc
The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'.

OK, but you won't be needing analogue if you get DTT OK

I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via
booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down one
cable to this tv.

Of course the D-SAT from the box in the other room is analogue too, you
don't
say if that is wavy. Is it?

Anything I can do?
Many thanks

You mention the IT equipment near to the set, but don't say if you have
eliminated
it as cause (by switching them off).
If it is this equipment you are probably going to have to move the TV
away.
(can't believe you haven't tried that)
You might get some improvement by using a good quality well screened
aerial
lead and experiment with the routing of the aerial and power cables w.r.t.
the
other equipment.
You will probably need to move it though.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

OK I had switched all nearby electrics off with little difference, just
wondered if all the pc,s etc may have static that influences.
Sky is passed to all other rooms in the house without problem.
I suppose I wondered if there was anything that 'cleaned' a signal as it
entered the tv.