Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silica gel for drying

I have a small boat with a cabin sitting in a yard with no mains power
available. The inside is quite damp - if I had power I'd slap a
dehumidifier in there like a shot. The next best thing I can think of is
to spread lots of silica gel in trays or big fabric bags inside.

Is this sensible? The inside space is probably between 10 and 20 cubic
metres at a guess, and is fairly well sealed except when I'm there. I
can visit as often as necessary to swap the silica and dry it in the
oven at home. I don't really know how much I'd need.

Any pointers to a cheap source of bulk silica gel?

Cheers,

Pete

Blue Silica Gel [email protected] UK diy 13 September 12th 08 03:25 PM
Silica Sand Jon Home Repair 21 April 22nd 06 01:47 PM
Silica gel Real Ale UK diy 18 October 13th 05 06:30 PM
Desiccant Silica Gel Tricia UK diy 26 February 10th 05 10:24 AM
Silica Gel Bob Smith \(UK\) UK diy 7 October 22nd 04 10:54 AM