Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rick Hughes

Default MDPE & Expanding Foam

saw thread recently on expanding faom and thought this might be of interest.

I have a new Alkathene pipe (or MDPE to give factual type) bringing mains
water into the build, this come sin via a PVC conduit.

The water board want the conduit filled with insulation - I asked about
expanding foam - and they advised that under no circumstances muct expanding
foam come into contact with MDPE pipe - it eats it away.

Anybody else come across this, I would like to follow up and see if true.

rick