Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soft-start gadget for 240v light fitting ?

Does anyone know of a soft-start 'thing' that could be inserted between a
switch and a light fitting?

Situation is a downstairs bathroom that has been totally rebuilt this year.
Light fitting is equipped with 8 x GU10 mains voltage lamps, switched by a
pullcord switch.
Dumb move perhaps, as the lamps last for very little time, but we like the
fitting and do not want to change it. It is a light fitting and not
downlighters.
Have looked very carefully into converting the light fitting to low voltage,
but that seems to be a non runner as we cannot disassemble the fitting. It
is put together with snap-rings and the force required to pull them apart
would likely wreck it.

The circuit from the pullswitch to light fitting is readily accessible. The
cabling to the pullswitch is not accessible without much grief to op from
swmbo.

So I am thinking that if I can insert a soft-start thing into the circuit
between the pull switch and the light fitting we might be in with a chance.

Does anyone know of such a gadget?

Otherwise it's plan B, and as yet there is no plan B.

Thanks,
Nick.

wire a soft start Karl Townsend Metalworking 10 June 14th 08 03:40 AM
soft start Karl Townsend Metalworking 5 May 30th 08 03:21 AM
OK, now I like the soft start. Robert Allison[_2_] Woodworking 7 March 10th 08 08:24 PM
Gadget for troubleshooting miniature Xmas light strings rush14 Electronics Repair 1 December 1st 07 07:18 PM
Converting fluorescent light fitting to "quick start" Vortex UK diy 4 November 12th 07 05:29 PM