Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Attempted Break In!!

Much to my horror I came home to my front door in a state. Someone had
tried levering the door wrecking the front door wood a bit, still in
tgact but will be changed.

The door has a yale lock (cyclinder bit) and a 5 lever yale mortice lock.

I'm planning on contacting a carpenter to put a new door up and will
varnish it etc.

A couple of questions after having the scare of my life with this.

Werll the security on the door prevented then getting in, is there
anything else I can add to the front door security to make it less
attractive to have a go.

Also do carpenters fit the new locks, letter box, peep hole etc to the
new door ?

I've got a day off tommorow thankfully so I can call around but I
thought someone here might have some experience in this.

Really was a scare at the thought someone could have got in and done god
knows what and stole my personal things.

Thanks