Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Refilling chefs lighter/ torch

We have one of these lighters and I tried to refill it with an
ordinary butane refilling canister but it does not seem to fill, it
just spurts out of the valve area, anyone know the secret?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:23:49 -0800 (PST), Housemartin
wrote:

We have one of these lighters and I tried to refill it with an
ordinary butane refilling canister but it does not seem to fill, it
just spurts out of the valve area, anyone know the secret?

You need the correct adapter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:23:49 -0800 (PST), Housemartin wrote:

We have one of these lighters and I tried to refill it with an
ordinary butane refilling canister but it does not seem to fill, it
just spurts out of the valve area, anyone know the secret?

Have you fitted the correct adpater to the gas canisters nozzle?
There is normally a selection that you can press out from the cap.

--
Cheers
Dave.