Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Al Al is offline

Default diy rack for oven problem

On Nov 6, 2:17 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Al wrote:
On Nov 5, 3:47 pm, (spendwize.com)
wrote:
Piling one dish upon another is going to alter the way the mocrowave
heats both dishes! The waves are going through double densities. So
whatever you think you are saving, you are probably spending in
needing to heat longer. If you want to cover a dish withour the top
"exploding" just don't civer it tightly; leave a little open space
for the steam to escape.
xxxxo

Please don't bother the OP with technical facts about how microwaves
work. HE/she would rather experiment with putting wood and other
objects into a device designed to cook food in certain reasonable
portions. I hope it works out for the OP. I would add in passing that
some of the off-gassing from putting objects not designed for
microwave cooking into such ovens can cause health problems, but what
the hell!

And we won't bother you with facts like the one that the OP has a "microwave
combination oven", not a microwave oven.

You're not bothering me. I read it the first time. Still doesn't mean
you can place any dam thing in it safely.