Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Useful cutting device

It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but
having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other
materials in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I
understand approx £400.
Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap one.

Don
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:49:14 +0000, Donwill
wrote:

It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but
having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other
materials in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I
understand approx £400.
Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap one.

Don

Top is Fein Multimaster

But cheaper are available.

Bosch make the best branded one.

Don't touch the Worx with a pole unless they are making spares for it.

Aldi did a decent clone a few weeks ago using the Bosch parts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" wrote in message

It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but
having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other
materials in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I
understand approx £400.
Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap one.

Don

Fein Supercut.

Looks like the distribution's sewn up,so there are no cheap
one's but there are similar tools on the market IIRR. And
there's always ebay.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" wrote in message
It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but
having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other materials
in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I understand
approx £400.
Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap
one.

Don

Fien Multimaster or Bosch PMF-180e

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I expect you are talking about
the Arbortech Allsaw:

Depends if the OP was planning to cut his way into a bank vault, or
merely thinking about notching out some cable routes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:21:38 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

used his keyboard to write :
Aldi did a decent clone a few weeks ago using the Bosch parts.

I nipped in Aldi today and they have started discounting items left
over from previous sales. These and several other items were a little
more than 1/2 the original price.

Thanks Harry I will go look asap

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Donwill wrote:
It was described to me as having a similar body as an angle grinder but
having a reciprocating fan like blade which cuts wood and other
materials in akward to get at places, variable speed, very expensive I
understand approx £400.
Perhaps someone will know what it's called and where I can get a cheap
one.

Rather than the Fein and its clones (which are much smaller lighter
weight versions of what you describe), I expect you are talking about
the Arbortech Allsaw:

http://www.arbortech.com.au/view/all...160productinfo

drool.....

It's the 21st Century angle-grinder, and I wants it......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:45:56 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

http://www.arbortech.com.au/view/all...160productinfo

drool.....

It's the 21st Century angle-grinder, and I wants it......

And you'll pay dearly for it cobber (pushing £800 last time I looked, not
to mention cost of blades).

--
John Stumbles

Thank God I'm an atheist
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:18:04 +0000, ericp wrote:

Top is Fein Multimaster

But cheaper are available.

Bosch make the best branded one.

They also make a cordless Li-Ion model which is the mutt's ... when it's
working. Mine packed up some months ago and it took ages to get
repaired, with Bosch failing to arrange a pickup until prodded twice by
the retailer*, and then instead of repairing it ASAP demanding paperwork to
prove that it was in the year's guarantee despite the tool having been on
the market for less than a year!

* Miles Tool & Machinery, who were pretty helpful throughout. And who I
bought it from in the first place because they were best priced, but when
the one I'd bought failed to turn up despatched another without quibble.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:45:56 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

http://www.arbortech.com.au/view/all...160productinfo

drool.....

It's the 21st Century angle-grinder, and I wants it......

And you'll pay dearly for it cobber (pushing £800 last time I looked, not
to mention cost of blades).

--
John Stumbles

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-A...saw-480335.htm

Can I borrow it when you've got one?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:46:38 +0000, mark wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message

And you'll pay dearly for it cobber (pushing £800 last time I looked,
not to mention cost of blades).

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-A...saw-480335.htm

Can I borrow it when you've got one?

Certainly, if you're still alive by the time I can afford one ;-)

--
John Stumbles