Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do dimmer switches work with Low Energy Bulbs?

We wanted to be able to vary the brightness of the lights in the
dining room depending whether we were having visitors or trying to
work in there. I replaced the switch with a dimmer switch and it
meets our needs perfectly. But, even when I was fitting it I did
wonder if I was wasting my money given that we won't be able to get
incadescent bulbs for much longer, so will I need to remove it again
when we're forced to use CFL bulbs or is there an alternative that
will still work with the dimmer?