Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Do dimmer switches work with Low Energy Bulbs?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 02:42:42 -0700 (PDT), Kevin had
this to say:

We wanted to be able to vary the brightness of the lights in the
dining room depending whether we were having visitors or trying to
work in there. I replaced the switch with a dimmer switch and it
meets our needs perfectly. But, even when I was fitting it I did
wonder if I was wasting my money given that we won't be able to get
incadescent bulbs for much longer, so will I need to remove it again
when we're forced to use CFL bulbs or is there an alternative that
will still work with the dimmer?

Stock up with incandescent bulbs now - while you can still get 'em.

--
Frank Erskine