Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fugenboy

Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than my usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Another convert :-)

I don't think anyone believes how something so simple can be so effective -
until they try it.

Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

Thats where I found out about them.

I don't let customers see me using them though :-) I prefer them to think
its consumate skill :-)

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 17:16

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Angle grinder?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 17:19

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

Beat me to it.

In that case, I retract and raise you one thermite

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:29:46 GMT, had this to say:

On 25 Oct,
Adrian C wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

Therm...

WD-40 has to be the ultimate answer (hasn't it?)...

It seems to be specifically designed to do everything to solve the
world's problems.

--
Frank Erskine
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please ignore this message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

Therm...

WD-40 has to be the ultimate answer (hasn't it?)...

It seems to be specifically designed to do everything to solve the
world's problems.

Your name just went to the top of the list - come the revolution....

--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:48:29 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
had this to say:

Adrian C wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

Therm...

WD-40 has to be the ultimate answer (hasn't it?)...

It seems to be specifically designed to do everything to solve the
world's problems.

Your name just went to the top of the list - come the revolution....

Wait until somebody leaks this top secret list... There'll be trouble
ahead.

Stand by, all you WD-40 shareholders...

(Just because it sort of occasionally smells niceish doesn't mean that
it's a panacea - honestly.)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Ang....

Therm...

WD-40 has to be the ultimate answer (hasn't it?)...

It seems to be specifically designed to do everything to solve the
world's problems.

Your name just went to the top of the list - come the revolution....

Wait until somebody leaks this top secret list... There'll be trouble
ahead.

Stand by, all you WD-40 shareholders...

(Just because it sort of occasionally smells niceish doesn't mean that
it's a panacea - honestly.)

Its not a panacea or any other type of Italian food. And it works!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than my
usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.

The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness. (good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Beer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm
wibbled on Monday 26 October 2009 06:24

The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness.

I've got some - I'll try that. Meths works to a degree, which is what I've
been using.

(good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Ooo-errr missus

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:24:02 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than my usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.

The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness. (good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Doesn't it sting?
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
mark wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than
my usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.
The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness. (good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Beer?

It would seem a waste....

isopropyl alcohol

Meths is probably easier to get hold of for most of us. Is silicone
soluble in alcohol I wonder?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , PeterC
writes

Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than my usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.

The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness. (good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Doesn't it sting?

Its the special clinic for you m'boy ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Oct, 17:23, Tim W wrote:
The Medway Handyman
* wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 17:16

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Angle grinder?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

A slight highjack here - having scraped the old stuff off (and please
don;t suggest the grinder !), what's the best thing to clean the
surface (marble to tiles) before re-siliconing, using of course a
Fugenboy !!

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
On 25 Oct, 17:23, Tim W wrote:
The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 17:16

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Angle grinder?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

A slight highjack here - having scraped the old stuff off (and please
don;t suggest the grinder !), what's the best thing to clean the
surface (marble to tiles) before re-siliconing, using of course a
Fugenboy !!

I always use meths and a Tesco microfibre cloth. The microfibres really doa
good job. 3 for 89p.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:48:29 -0700 (PDT), robgraham
had this to say:

On 25 Oct, 17:23, Tim W wrote:
The Medway Handyman
* wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 17:16

All we need now is an easier way of getting the old stuff off :-(

Angle grinder?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

A slight highjack here - having scraped the old stuff off (and please
don;t suggest the grinder !), what's the best thing to clean the
surface (marble to tiles) before re-siliconing, using of course a
Fugenboy !!

What's a 'Fugenboy'? It doesn't sound terribly English.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 00:55

What's a 'Fugenboy'? It doesn't sound terribly English.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...arch=fugenboys

Or it's a form of entertainment German catholic priests enjoy with
choirboys?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
Frank Erskine
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 00:55

What's a 'Fugenboy'? It doesn't sound terribly English.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...arch=fugenboys

Or it's a form of entertainment German catholic priests enjoy with
choirboys?

Another use for WD40....

--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 19:57

Tim W wrote:
Frank Erskine
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 00:55

What's a 'Fugenboy'? It doesn't sound terribly English.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...arch=fugenboys

Or it's a form of entertainment German catholic priests enjoy with
choirboys?

Another use for WD40....

Use #1000043: Extracting choirmasters from your rectum.

You really need to send that to WD40!

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Fugenboy has changed? The Medway Handyman UK diy 13 September 29th 07 05:24 PM
Silcone sealant tool - Elch fugenboy Martin Pentreath UK diy 3 January 21st 07 12:34 PM
Resurrecting a fugenboy? NoSpam UK diy 2 January 13th 07 12:31 AM
Fugenboy RzB UK diy 33 March 1st 06 08:15 PM