Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Fugenboy

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:24:02 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Tim W wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed...

Siliconed round the bath yesterday, using those little things.

Today, it looks like the dog's... Not *absolute perfection* by flippin
close. And I class myself as a "silicone numpty".

SWMBO was very pleased. Another good tip from uk.d-i-y

On an aside, I found Mapei Mapesil AC quite nice (one of those that's
available in six million colours). Seemed slightly more fluid than my usual
stuff, with a bit less "goo factor" - quite nice to shape and wipe off.

The other big silicone tip is a can of IPA solvent (CPC) - cleans up wet
silicone nice and cleanly with no stickiness. (good for wiping off your
tool after the job!)

Doesn't it sting?
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.