Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fugenboy has changed?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the old
blue one?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the old
blue one?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

I bought a great equivalent from the local Pound Shop. Complete with tool
for removing old silicone. It all works well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:42:26 GMT, John wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
[14 quoted lines suppressed]

I bought a great equivalent from the local Pound Shop. Complete with tool
for removing old silicone. It all works well.

Might be the same one I got, it was the jml one

http://www.jmldirect.com/Bathroom-an...Wizard-PB4139/

discounted to either £3 or £4 in poundland.

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-27 22:17:28 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the old
blue one?

I have one of these packs and it's fine. I used all three profile
pieces during the cloakroom project together with the recommended
release agent.

If you feel aggrieved, take a trip on the M20 and visit a Leroy Merlin,
or jump on a Eurostar as it passes your door and go to BHV in Rivoli.
In both of these you will find a similar German product called
Fugenass.

For some reason, the marketing of this product in the UK has not been
all that successful. Seemingly people misunderstood.

Either way, you can visit the Aladdin's Cave which is the hardware
department of BHV and then have an excellent lunch of fruits de mer
before wending your way home.

This is a pilgimage that every handyman and self respecting DIYer should make.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:47:58 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

go to BHV in Rivoli.
In both of these you will find a similar German product called
Fugenass.

I used to live just nearby BHV

I doubt it's ever possible to "find" anything in there. You just have
to wander around aimlessly, hoping you'll happen across it by chance.
Right little warren it is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-28 01:11:28 +0100, Andy Dingley said:

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:47:58 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

go to BHV in Rivoli.
In both of these you will find a similar German product called
Fugenass.

I used to live just nearby BHV

I doubt it's ever possible to "find" anything in there. You just have
to wander around aimlessly, hoping you'll happen across it by chance.
Right little warren it is.

Last time I went in there a few weeks ago, they were re-organising it.
The electrical section had been temporarily moved upstairs to the
ground floor to make room for a sort-out, it appeared.

I agree with you about finding things. However, it is pretty well
staffed and the people do have pretty good product knowledge.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:47:58 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

In both of these you will find a similar German product called
Fugenass.

Surely Harrods would sell the fuggen things?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-28 18:51:17 +0100, Andy Dingley said:

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:47:58 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

In both of these you will find a similar German product called
Fugenass.

Surely Harrods would sell the fuggen things?

Almost certainly.

Probably even in ³ΓΌ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the old
blue one?

You are thinking of the Fugi set - different make:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/search/3...ModPage=Search

I have both... the fugenboy is a harder material and hence may last
better on abrasive surfaces. It also has a smaller tool for getting
behind sinks etc that the original two part fugi lacked. Personally I
still prefer the fugi, but the other is still way better than nothing.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the
old blue one?

You are thinking of the Fugi set - different make:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/search/3...ModPage=Search

I have both... the fugenboy is a harder material and hence may last better
on abrasive surfaces. It also has a smaller tool for getting behind sinks
etc that the original two part fugi lacked. Personally I still prefer the
fugi, but the other is still way better than nothing.

I've just watched the video on the Fugi. Is it really that easy to use to
give those results?

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than the
old blue one?

You are thinking of the Fugi set - different make:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/search/3...ModPage=Search

I have both... the fugenboy is a harder material and hence may last
better on abrasive surfaces. It also has a smaller tool for getting
behind sinks etc that the original two part fugi lacked. Personally I
still prefer the fugi, but the other is still way better than nothing.

I've just watched the video on the Fugi. Is it really that easy to use to
give those results?

Spouse won't even lend his out, he couldn't believe the results.

Mary

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=28167

This is different to the kit I have & love. Is it any better than
the old blue one?

You are thinking of the Fugi set - different make:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/search/3...ModPage=Search

I have both... the fugenboy is a harder material and hence may last
better on abrasive surfaces. It also has a smaller tool for getting
behind sinks etc that the original two part fugi lacked. Personally
I still prefer the fugi, but the other is still way better than
nothing.

I've just watched the video on the Fugi. Is it really that easy to
use to give those results?

Pretty much so yes. I wouldn't be without mine.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:

I've just watched the video on the Fugi. Is it really that easy to use to
give those results?

Yes, would probably be a fair answer. Have a roll of kitchen towel to
hand to wipe the thing from time to time, and a can of IPA to clean it
off properly from time to time, and you are set.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:54:29 +0100, "Steven Campbell"
wrote:

I've just watched the video on the Fugi. Is it really that easy to use to
give those results?

Some implausible essentials for good tiling etc.

* three quid on a _rubber_ sponge, not a foam one (Axminster)

* ten quid on a fuggen-piece-of-plastic

* Around a quid for a Stubai rubber Polyfilla mixing bowl

They just work better.

Or else you could employ the BIL-from-Medway-Hell

CCD sensor changed potel Electronics Repair 0 February 20th 07 09:39 PM
Silcone sealant tool - Elch fugenboy Martin Pentreath UK diy 3 January 21st 07 12:34 PM
Resurrecting a fugenboy? NoSpam UK diy 2 January 13th 07 12:31 AM
How to tell if oil needs to be changed? Toller Home Repair 17 October 15th 06 11:21 PM
Fugenboy RzB UK diy 33 March 1st 06 08:15 PM