Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Porch door in front of existing doors - PD & BR?

Relative has an existing porch.
- Ornate concrete arch over quarry tile floor, inset 5 large leaded
stain glass windows around leaded stain glass solid oak door (inset
about 2ft, never measured). Height overall about 2.9m.
- Existing U value is numerically equivalent to the gov't overdraft.

Under Permitted Development I believe I can...
- Add porch doors - arched window & slim double doors spring loaded
inwards
- Subject to not touching the existing external door (new draught
strip & brush letterbox)

What I am unclear on is BR...
- Can I laminate/laminate DG myself - or do I need to go BN or Fensa
route?

I want toughened re risk of "broken glass cubes" on quarry tiles. Both
her knees are gone re slip risk.

If I do need FENSA or BN it shoves the price up and I'll just buy her
window film/panels & new thicker curtains (already got thermal
linings, just the curtains are now paper thin). Sometimes I think
bubble-wrap gaffa tapped to curtain hook tape would actually perform
rather well as it flows better than thermal linings, but never mind :-)

We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Ownership 0 February 19th 09 08:45 AM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Repair 0 February 19th 09 08:41 AM
Front porch re-do jim Home Repair 0 September 21st 08 10:04 PM
Shutters, Front Doors and Overhead Door? [email protected] Home Repair 2 June 10th 06 08:39 PM
Adding Poured Foundation under existing Porch msterspy Home Repair 1 January 26th 05 08:38 PM