Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Working at height without ladders

Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

--
John Stumbles

Extreme moderate
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

Pah! That's nothing, TMH can do that with three angle grinders and a fag in
his mouth *AND*...........

(further feats of his can be added here by other posters, just to see how
good his three ring circus really is [adverse comments about his clients are
not allowed btw]) ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles
wibbled on Friday 09 October 2009 23:02

Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

Awesome!

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Unbeleiver" wrote in message
John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

Pah! That's nothing, TMH can do that with three angle grinders and a fag
in his mouth *AND*...........

(further feats of his can be added here by other posters, just to see how
good his three ring circus really is [adverse comments about his clients
are not allowed btw]) ;-)

You really are a sad **** arn't you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 10, 11:02 am, John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

I did try it at home, and it's impossible!
It's also a CGI fake!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbMNRGMa3TA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeleiver wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

Pah! That's nothing, TMH can do that with three angle grinders and a
fag in his mouth *AND*...........

It's the village idiot again.

Actually I can juggle, even clubs, once even fire clubs. I decided to teach
myself. It involved research, practice, persistance & self belief.
Qualities clearly alien to a ****wit failure like you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matty F wrote:
On Oct 10, 11:02 am, John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

I did try it at home, and it's impossible!
It's also a CGI fake!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbMNRGMa3TA

Was that WD40 he was using to lubricate the nail?

Yes! Another use!

--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Unbeleiver wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

Pah! That's nothing, TMH can do that with three angle grinders and a
fag in his mouth *AND*...........

It's the village idiot again.

Actually I can juggle, even clubs, once even fire clubs. I decided to
teach myself. It involved research, practice, persistance & self belief.
Qualities clearly alien to a ****wit failure like you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

But can you do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMvxLRdpm0

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matty F" wrote in message
On Oct 10, 11:02 am, John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

I did try it at home, and it's impossible!

It is unless you pre drill the hole for the nail.
The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?) in them to drive a
nail into real wood at the rate shown.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 1:45 am, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

On Oct 10, 11:02 am, John Stumbles wrote:
Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of
ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzap4cqqdsU

:-)

I did try it at home, and it's impossible!

It is unless you pre drill the hole for the nail.
The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?) in them to drive a
nail into real wood at the rate shown.

The nail and hammers are imaginary. Here's the CGI nail and hammer,
and the head of the guy making the video on his computer:
http://i35.tinypic.com/24xnwc9.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?)

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
dennis@home wrote:

The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?)

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

inertia is just energy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
dennis@home wrote:

The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?)

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

inertia is just energy.

1/2 M V^2 vs MV.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 12, 9:33 am, Andy Champ wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
.uk...
dennis@home wrote:

The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?)

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

inertia is just energy.

1/2 M V^2 vs MV.

CGI hammers don't have any inertia or mass!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ writes:

dennis@home wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
dennis@home wrote:

The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?)

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

inertia is just energy.

1/2 M V^2 vs MV.

I think he meant E = mc²/ˆš(1-v²/c²), alluding to the possibility that
you might be able to do it if both hammer and nail are made of
plutonium.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jon Fairbairn wrote:

I think he meant E = mc²/ˆš(1-v²/c²), alluding to the possibility that
you might be able to do it if both hammer and nail are made of
plutonium.

Well combining this post with Matty's

Matty F wrote:

CGI hammers don't have any inertia or mass!

CGI hammers might have no mass, but if you throw them at the speed of
light their zero mass combined with the relativistic effects will of
course give them a real mass, and they'll knock the nails in. If the
nails are real. Is the mass of a CGI nail an imaginary quantity?

Andy

New Ladders Arthur 51 UK diy 6 July 25th 07 09:52 PM
Ladders The Medway Handyman UK diy 30 August 26th 06 03:08 PM
Ladders keith UK diy 6 July 20th 05 12:59 PM
Lathe working height Brian Lawson Metalworking 7 December 7th 03 08:52 PM
[ml] Lathe working height Bernd Metalworking 0 November 28th 03 03:04 PM