Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default schluter rema - recommended.

These are little magnetic doodahs for making invisible access hatches in
tiled walls. A set of them has just saved me from breaking into a newly
tiled wall to get at a leaking shower valve. Very glad I followed my
instinct not to irretrievably conceal any plumbing.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 6, 11:50 am, Pete Verdon
d wrote:
These are little magnetic doodahs for making invisible access hatches in
tiled walls. A set of them has just saved me from breaking into a newly
tiled wall to get at a leaking shower valve. Very glad I followed my
instinct not to irretrievably conceal any plumbing.

Did you put grout around the tiles? If so, how do you remember which
tile it is?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matty F wrote:

Did you put grout around the tiles?

Yep, a thin layer on top of silicone. It pops out fairly easily with a
knife.

If so, how do you remember which tile it is?

:-)

It's one up and one along. Nowhere else would really make sense for the
items it accesses.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Pete Verdon d wrote:
These are little magnetic doodahs for making invisible access hatches in
tiled walls. A set of them has just saved me from breaking into a newly
tiled wall to get at a leaking shower valve. Very glad I followed my
instinct not to irretrievably conceal any plumbing.

I did something like this to make a box round the pipework at the bottom
of a pal's boiler which is just plonked on a kitchen wall. Used dowel
round the edge which fitted in sockets in the wall. When tiled it looked
like part of the wall. Sadly too much like part of the wall for the boiler
service guy...

--
*Is there another word for synonym?

Dave Plowman London SW