Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default TV cable from one bedroom to another.

Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up
there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too
difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get
the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to
edge of roof).

So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of
the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to
install it in the first place from dish at front of house).

Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/
seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes
through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 30, 3:54*pm, paulfoel wrote:
Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up
there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too
difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get
the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to
edge of roof).

So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of
the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to
install it in the first place from dish at front of house).

Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/
seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes
through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?

Gromet is probably a better description of water cover...
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

I have done this by drilling up in the corner of the room then feeding up a
draw wire

From the attic fish for the draw wire from where ever in the attic you can
get to

Pull in the cable and job done

I am oldish and from a genereation where wires were normally hidden and
surface wiring was a last resort

Regards

"paulfoel" wrote in message
Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up
there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too
difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get
the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to
edge of roof).

So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of
the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to
install it in the first place from dish at front of house).

Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/
seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes
through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 3:54 pm, paulfoel wrote:
Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up
there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too
difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get
the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to
edge of roof).

So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of
the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to
install it in the first place from dish at front of house).

Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/
seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes
through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?

Gromet is probably a better description of water cover...
Call them what you like, there real purpose is to hide the
damage done to the brick facing by the Sky fitters drill.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Have you thought about using a video sender, Sky do their own I think, but
probably cheaper elsewhere

Ron

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Oct 1, 2:51*pm, "Ron O'Brien" wrote:
Have you thought about using a video sender, Sky do their own I think, but
probably cheaper elsewhere

Ron

Yeah. Used a video sender in the past but found the picture a bit
flakey.
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 30, 3:54*pm, paulfoel wrote:
Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Do you want them to be able to watch different programmes at the same
time (2 receiver boxes)? if so don't you need a dual output LNB and a
second cable from there? if you daisy chain a second receiver off
the first then you will only be able to get channels in the new one
that are on teh same polarisation a band as the first one.

But perhaps Sky uses all the same polarisation to avoid this
difficulty?

Robert

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
Drip loop?

I once suggested that to Bill Wright for a screen-name ;-)

--
Graham.

I think I'll use Loopy Drip instead.

Bill

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct, 03:01, "Bill Wright" wrote:
I think I'll use Loopy Drip instead.

Cranked Bracket

After all you are married to a Hilda :-)

Owain

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On 2 Oct, 03:01, "Bill Wright" wrote:
I think I'll use Loopy Drip instead.

Cranked Bracket

After all you are married to a Hilda :-)

No, it's Hilary. We are Bill and Hilary. When I have an intern under the
table sucking my knob our Hil say's 'Don't get sperm on that girl's dress,
you dirty old devil.'

Bill