Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] BertieBigBollox@gmail.com is offline

Default TV cable from one bedroom to another.

On Sep 30, 3:54*pm, paulfoel wrote:
Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.

Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up
there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too
difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get
the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to
edge of roof).

So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of
the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to
install it in the first place from dish at front of house).

Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/
seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes
through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?

Gromet is probably a better description of water cover...