Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default brick slip bonding

I wish to hide an RSJ (externally) using brick slips (i.e. brick
tiles). I need to bond them to plywood with an expanded metal lath
backing. But what adhesive / mortar should I use to bond them ? That
will be slightly flexible and withstand the elements ?
Cheers,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Sep, 22:08, sm_jamieson wrote:
I wish to hide an RSJ (externally) using brick slips (i.e. brick
tiles). I need to bond them to plywood with an expanded metal lath
backing. But what adhesive / mortar should I use to bond them ? That
will be slightly flexible and withstand the elements ?
Cheers,
Simon.

An external rated tile cement will do it.

Check Ardex, BAL, Mapei. I know Ardex do one, as I have some external
tiling to do, but I can't remember the product name/code. Quickest
way is to call their tech line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Sep, 22:16, Bolted wrote:
On 17 Sep, 22:08, sm_jamieson wrote:

I wish to hide an RSJ (externally) usingbrickslips(i.e.brick
tiles). I need to bond them to plywood with an expanded metal lath
backing. But what adhesive / mortar should I use to bond them ? That
will be slightly flexible and withstand the elements ?
Cheers,
Simon.

An external rated tile cement will do it.

Check Ardex, BAL, Mapei. *I know Ardex do one, as I have some external
tiling to do, but I can't remember the product name/code. *Quickest
way is to call their tech line.

Do y'all think this will do ?
Cheers,
Simon.