Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lithium battery suppliers?

I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I
can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec
seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I
can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec
seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

These them?

http://www.ukbattery.co.uk/Photo-Batteries/CR17335.htm

many other type numbers are in fact the same..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I
can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec
seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

You could try emailing http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk

No connection - just a satisfied customer.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam laid this down on his screen :
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I can't
find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec seems to
be the gotcha - any suggestions?

Google a company called (something similar to) strikealite -
strikealight.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but
I can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge
spec seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

These them?

http://www.ukbattery.co.uk/Photo-Batteries/CR17335.htm

many other type numbers are in fact the same..

Thanks for the suggestion but I need them tagged or pinned to solder to
the PCB - vibration and mositure would lead to a dodgy contacts if they
were in a battery carrier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I
can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec
seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

You could try emailing http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk

No connection - just a satisfied customer.

Peter

I've sent them an email.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but
I can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge
spec seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

These them?

http://www.ukbattery.co.uk/Photo-Batteries/CR17335.htm

many other type numbers are in fact the same..

Thanks for the suggestion but I need them tagged or pinned to solder to
the PCB - vibration and mositure would lead to a dodgy contacts if they
were in a battery carrier.

well solder on your own tags then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren
but I can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current
discharge spec seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

These them?

http://www.ukbattery.co.uk/Photo-Batteries/CR17335.htm

many other type numbers are in fact the same..

Thanks for the suggestion but I need them tagged or pinned to solder
to the PCB - vibration and mositure would lead to a dodgy contacts if
they were in a battery carrier.

well solder on your own tags then.

I've done that before for NiCads, etc but I thought soldering to Lithium
batteries was a no-no because of the explosion/fire risk (?)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
[...]

I've soldered many..aluminium tags too..

As long as the main body stays below about 60C they wont be harmed, and
cylindrical 3v units are not explosive chemistry anyway Its the lithium
ion rechargeable with fancy organic solvents in the electrolytes that go
bang.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , NoSpam
writes
NoSpam wrote:
I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren
but I can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current
discharge spec seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:
3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned
*Max continuous discharge 1500mA*
Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

These them?
http://www.ukbattery.co.uk/Photo-Batteries/CR17335.htm
many other type numbers are in fact the same..

Thanks for the suggestion but I need them tagged or pinned to solder to
the PCB - vibration and mositure would lead to a dodgy contacts if they
were in a battery carrier.

You could try AllBatteries in Watford

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hey Dave,
Same problem. But I also came across this.
http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index...topic=31640582

Try it.
I am gonna.
Good Luck.