Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I wish I'd bought one sooner - high torque drill

You know that feeling when a job that used to be a struggle suddenly
gets a whole lot easier...

I knew for ages I *should* get one - but now I'm having to do a lot of
holes with big auger bits (32-56mm) through stud, I finally caved in:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/28582/...0W-Mixer-Drill

(and if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the
Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).

Stonking torque on the dewalt though, also delightfully compact,
though I'd have liked a keyless chuck.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/28582/...Drills/DeWalt-...

(and if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the
Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).

....at thirty quid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
mike wrote:
(and if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the
Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).

...at thirty quid.

For the cordless with right angle drive and two batteries? Somewhat of a
bargain - I paid over 100 quid. Excellent drill though - and the batteries
are still fine.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 2, 6:39*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* *mike wrote:

(and if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the
Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).

...at thirty quid.

For the cordless with right angle drive and two batteries? Somewhat of a
bargain - I paid over 100 quid. Excellent drill though - and the batteries
are still fine.

They reduced both the high torque mains drill and the cordless with
angle drive to £30.

I bought one of each.

I'd already got the cordless without angle when they reduced it to £80
a few years before. Shortly after that, they reduced it to £50 and I
bought one for a friend. Shortly after that they reduced it to £30.

So this time, I'd learned my lesson.

You were right about the angle drive. It's great. Used it loads -
don't know how I got by without it. And the batteries on the newer
model are either improved or my old ones are getting a bit tired.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
mike wrote:
I'd already got the cordless without angle when they reduced it to £80
a few years before. Shortly after that, they reduced it to £50 and I
bought one for a friend. Shortly after that they reduced it to £30.

So this time, I'd learned my lesson.

Trouble is they were clearing out. You can't always wait for that.

You were right about the angle drive. It's great. Used it loads -
don't know how I got by without it.

Indeed - great for drilling holes in joists for cables, etc.

And the batteries on the newer
model are either improved or my old ones are getting a bit tired.

Of course no battery lasts for ever. But those (and likely the charger)
seem as good as any.

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.