Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default spraying floor Joists

Hi folks
I am going to be spraying wood worm treatment (Boron) on my bathroom
floor joists. Will it affect the plasterboard below? I.e. make it go
soggy? I was thinking of using a fence sprayer.
I just did a search and cannot belive that no one has written any
thing about wood worm on uk Diy!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Housemartin coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi folks
I am going to be spraying wood worm treatment (Boron) on my bathroom
floor joists. Will it affect the plasterboard below? I.e. make it go
soggy? I was thinking of using a fence sprayer.
I just did a search and cannot belive that no one has written any
thing about wood worm on uk Diy!

I wouldn't have thought so.

When I cleaned my roofspace, which was full of mouse and rat****, I sprayed
water based disinfectant liberally with a garden sprayer making the ceiling
PB quite damp with no ill effects (though it might possibly cause painted
ceilings to stain but that wasn't an issue for me).

Floor joists car crash Home Repair 11 January 8th 08 02:30 PM
Floor joists geraldthehamster UK diy 14 November 7th 07 09:12 PM
Floor joists Callum UK diy 20 August 23rd 05 07:57 PM
floor joists Sploop UK diy 2 October 2nd 04 02:33 PM
Uneven floor joists....installing new floor covering...2 problems. Dave Bonnell Home Repair 5 October 29th 03 02:58 PM