Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HVLP sprayers

Anyone got any experience of these? I've never used one.

Looking at finishing some plywood seating bases with either woodstain or
paint, need a reasonably good finish.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Anyone got any experience of these? I've never used one.

I used a Volumair professionally - lovely bit of kit, but they've
disappeared. If you can pick one up, grab it.

I've had an Apollo for years, which is ok, but the plastic gun it came
with is a bit crap. Better guns are available.

Looking at finishing some plywood seating bases with either woodstain or
paint, need a reasonably good finish.

HVLP will do fine.
What you can do of course, is get an HVLP kit for normal air supply -
trades off pressure for volume and accomplishes the same.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Anyone got any experience of these? I've never used one.

I used a Volumair professionally - lovely bit of kit, but they've
disappeared. If you can pick one up, grab it.

I've had an Apollo for years, which is ok, but the plastic gun it came
with is a bit crap. Better guns are available.

Looking at finishing some plywood seating bases with either
woodstain or paint, need a reasonably good finish.

HVLP will do fine.
What you can do of course, is get an HVLP kit for normal air supply -
trades off pressure for volume and accomplishes the same.

Aha! I've got a little compressor - 6 litre tank IRC. Got any links?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

HVLP will do fine.
What you can do of course, is get an HVLP kit for normal air supply -
trades off pressure for volume and accomplishes the same.

Aha! I've got a little compressor - 6 litre tank IRC. Got any links?

Not good enough, tbh. When I say trade off, I mean really trade off. You
need a paintshop sized compressor that would be used to run conventional
guns all day long. No point in that expense, if all you want it for is a
small job, so it's worthwhile looking at an Apollo system, or similar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Anyone got any experience of these? I've never used one.

Looking at finishing some plywood seating bases with either woodstain or
paint, need a reasonably good finish.

I have what was the top of the range Apollo and it is pretty good. It has
a separate turbine unit which gets used quite a bit for other things -
like blowing through pipes to dry them before soldering. Its hose has the
same thread as a 1/2" hose connection tap or washing machine one. It
produces a vast quantity of warm air - far more than any vacuum cleaner
set to blow I've come across, and much smaller too.

I bought it for car stuff using cellulose and got good results after some
experimenting - the instructions weren't much good. No reason to think it
wouldn't do as well on any other paint it's suitable for.

But same as any spray system the amount of cleaning needed after use may
be out of proportion to the job it's needed for, as they must be stored in
a spotless condition.

I went down the HPLV route because I simply have no place to store a
decent ordinary compressor.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Airless HVLP sprayers sumdume Woodworking 7 September 4th 06 10:59 PM
HVLP sprayers. Max Woodworking 26 April 4th 06 09:36 PM
low cfm HVLP sprayers? Nick Zentena Woodworking 10 March 23rd 06 01:29 AM
Paint sprayers Henry H. Hansteen Home Repair 9 June 17th 05 02:37 AM
Has anyone got one of these HVLP sprayers? [email protected] UK diy 1 June 11th 05 10:30 AM