Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish - drain blockages, neighbours etc

I know this sort of thing crops up here periodically, so hope I can tap
into the group's expertise...

My neighbour apparently has a blocked pipe (sewage? surface water? not
sure yet); however this affects me in that said pipe runs under my drive
where it mates up with an inspection cover (from where DynoRod are doing
their stuff). I don't have any drainage problem myself, but if the
damage/blockage is on the leg of pipe just serving the neighbour's
property, but is located on my property, do I need to share (bear?) any
repair costs?

Or is this one of those 'check the deeds' questions?

Relations are good and I don't want to shirk any responsibilities I may
have, but don't want to offer something I don't need to!

Thanks
David

Neighbours! Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 January 15th 09 02:18 PM
Neighbours house. Arthur2 UK diy 13 September 1st 08 10:47 PM
Neighbours RSJ in my property! Martin Carroll UK diy 6 November 29th 07 12:44 PM
Drain blockages and DIY video ARWadsworth UK diy 11 February 23rd 07 06:08 PM
Noisy neighbours Mark Home Repair 29 December 18th 04 03:05 PM