Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp spots, wall already injection treated for rising damp

Hello,

Searching through the old posts, this subject has already been
discussed to death :)

My problem is slightly different. One of my outside walls which abuts
on my neighbour's garden, has traces of mold and which has caused the
paint to blister. The wall was injection treated for rising damp about
eight years ago, and the wall itself was plastered on the inside and
painted about four years ago.

I checked the ouside of the wall in my neighbour's garden and there
are no piled-up mounds of earth that might have caused moisture to
bridge across the damp treatment. But I noticed that the wall is not
platered on the outside, and some of the bricks in the wall are
damaged. Is there a treatment that I can use? Is inside or outside
treatment the best? For now, I used a coat of varnish on the inside
wall and then repainted.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ppmoore" wrote:
[...]

Thompson's Water Seal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 22, 11:12*am, ppmoore wrote:
[...]

The only effective treatment for damp is to find the cause and repair
it. Injecting things into brickwork is rarely effective

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 03:12:59 -0700 (PDT), ppmoore wrote:

For now, I used a coat of varnish on the inside wall and then repainted.

All that will do is trap the moisture in the wall (assuming the wall
is actually damp and you don't just have condensation) and cause the
coating the fail again.

You need to find out, or work out, why the interior wall is damp not
just splash waterproof coatings about willy nilly.

All the normal questions:

What is the walls construction?
Are there anly leaky gutters or down spouts that wet the exterior of
the wall?
Is the room heated?
Is the room ventilated?
Have the windows being changed from single glazed normal casement to
double glazing?
Is the room used for drying things? clothes, etc
Is the room close to a kitchen, bath or shower room?
Has there been any furniture close to the bit of wall with mold?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Damp wall - good case for injection? Grunff UK diy 62 April 11th 06 01:56 PM
Rising damp D.M. Procida UK diy 2 December 4th 05 08:39 PM
Rising damp [email protected] UK diy 15 October 25th 05 02:41 PM
DIY damp injection JK UK diy 9 October 13th 03 11:25 AM
Rising damp on party wall in semi-det Victorian house Richard UK diy 4 October 6th 03 02:09 PM