Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Damp spots, wall already injection treated for rising damp

On Aug 22, 11:12*am, ppmoore wrote:
Hello,

Searching through the old posts, this subject has already been
discussed to death :)

My problem is slightly different. One of my outside walls which abuts
on my neighbour's garden, has traces of mold and which has caused the
paint to blister. The wall was injection treated for rising damp about
eight years ago, and the wall itself was plastered on the inside and
painted about four years ago.

I checked the ouside of the wall in my neighbour's garden and there
are no piled-up mounds of earth that might have caused moisture to
bridge across the damp treatment. But I noticed that the wall is not
platered on the outside, and some of the bricks in the wall are
damaged. Is there a treatment that I can use? Is inside or outside
treatment the best? For now, I used a coat of varnish on the inside
wall and then repainted.

Paul

The only effective treatment for damp is to find the cause and repair
it. Injecting things into brickwork is rarely effective

NT