Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default modifying a bathroom extraction fan to have a separate pull cord.

I have a bathroom extractor fan that is activated when the bathroom
light is turned on and eventually times out when the light is turned
off. This is a rubbish solution in my opinion since:

(1)To get the fan to run when showering, the light needs to be turned on
even when it is daylight.

(2)When I want to turn the light on to use the bathroom but not have a
shower, the fan turns on. This is especially annoying when you have just
got your 2 year old son too sleep who then wakes up because of the noise
of the fan.

(3) There is no way of quickly turning off the fan before a fully
fledged (2) develops.

The best solution to me seems to remove the fan from the light switch
and give it, it's own separate pull cord switch with a neon indicator so
that you can tell if the fan is actually on or in time out.

Any reasons why I can't do this or is it just a bad idea?

2 gang pull cord Mark[_18_] UK diy 38 March 8th 20 07:47 PM
Bathroom heater pull cord Lino expert UK diy 9 January 26th 08 12:00 PM
Wiring a bathroom pull-cord light switch Al Deveron UK diy 7 September 22nd 06 11:37 AM
Anyone know the name of the shower head that you have to pull a cord to turn it on, and releaseing the cord turns it off? Brett Miller Home Repair 5 March 9th 06 06:14 AM
Noisy bathroom pull cord light Googly UK diy 16 September 14th 04 06:43 PM