Posted to alt.home.repair
Brett Miller

Default Anyone know the name of the shower head that you have to pull a cord to turn it on, and releaseing the cord turns it off?

I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the water run
when you pull a cord. So you get wet, soap up (water off), pull the
cord and rinse off. This is to save water and fuel.

Thanks

mBm
Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Brett Miller" wrote in message
I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the water run
when you pull a cord. So you get wet, soap up (water off), pull the
cord and rinse off. This is to save water and fuel.

Thanks

mBm

Haven't seen one with a cord recently, but my WaterPik adjustable head has a
ring around the outside for choosing different spray patterns. At one end,
it reduces the water to a trickle, for the same reason you're looking for
the cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Brett Miller" wrote in message
I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the

water run
when you pull a cord. So you get wet, soap up (water off),

pull the
cord and rinse off. This is to save water and fuel.

Thanks

mBm

not really but...

http://www.elsproducts.com/deluge_showers.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Brett Miller wrote:

I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the water run
when you pull a cord. So you get wet, soap up (water off), pull the
cord and rinse off. This is to save water and fuel.

Thanks

mBm

"Way back when" we used to call those "Navy Showers" as used on ships
where there was a VERY limited amount of water available for bathing.

The drill was a quick slash to wet your body, a lather up and scrub,
followed by another quick splash to rinse the soap & dirt off.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are my daughter's 20 minute long
water heater tank draining "bastings" in the shower.

If you want to DIY it, just buy a valve like this and fit it between the
shower arm and the spray nozzle.

http://www.hawsco.com/modelmain.asp?...9&searc hed=1

A nylon cord and ull ring ought to be pretty easy to cobble up yourself,
'eh?

The same company sells complete shower head assemblies with valves and
ull cords, but they're rather industrial looking.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Daly

On 7-Mar-2006, Brett Miller wrote:

I looking for a shower head or a switch that only lets the water run
when you pull a cord.

I don't have that kind, but I do have a hand shower that has an on-off switch.
No silly settings for drips and mediocre "massages", just on and off.

I set the water temperature with the tub faucets and then control the water
flow with the hand shower. I get to use the water just as you wish to.

I prefer this to what you are requesting, since it has the advantage of both
on/off action and the convenience of spraying the water where I want it
and not all over.

The one I bought is from an unknown manufacturer (it was the only one in
stock and it was returned by a previous customer without packaging - hence
cheap sale price)

Similar from Rubbermaid:
http://www.myhealthcare21.com/RM215/Hand-Held-Shower-Spray-w-On-Off-Valve.html
and another make:
http://www.southwestmedical.com/ab1588000/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=56917&CATID=2
and:
http://www.medicalmailorder.com/bathshower.html

It seems that these things are considered products for invalids.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Daly

On 8-Mar-2006, mm wrote:

I've never understood this. I want the water all over.

Convenient for washing the walls, but when I take a shower, I wash me.

Mike