Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Would it be possible to have

A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545 posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Does anyone in here have a question or need help with a true DIY project?
If so, let yourself be known to us who want to help.

The rest of you blowhards need to start your own group about illegal
advertising and promotion of political hatred and sexual deviance to minors.

THIS IS A dO iT yOURSE3LF HELP GROUP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545 posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Where are you getting your news feed?

I get a S/N of about 98% at the moment I guess. I might need to kill two
or three threads a day - all that seems to get through are one or two
fake watche type ads, and the occasional British nazi rant.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail

order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Where are you getting your news feed?

I get a S/N of about 98% at the moment I guess. I might need to kill two
or three threads a day - all that seems to get through are one or two
fake watche type ads, and the occasional British nazi rant.

Cheers,

John.

I reset the groups to get them more up to date after my longish absence, and
a lot of posts from advertisers and the BNP pushers were all over the place.

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
news
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail

order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Where are you getting your news feed?

I get a S/N of about 98% at the moment I guess. I might need to kill two
or three threads a day - all that seems to get through are one or two
fake watche type ads, and the occasional British nazi rant.

Cheers,

John.

I reset the groups to get them more up to date after my longish absence, and
a lot of posts from advertisers and the BNP pushers were all over the place.

Seems like Virginmedia don't do much filtering then!

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

And about 10% of the useful stuff as well I expect.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545
posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about
mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the
Big Nutjobs Party.

Must be lack of filtering on whoever supplies the newsfeed to your ISP.
Very little spam here on this group - others are worse.

--
*It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:32:15 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

snip

Seems like Virginmedia don't do much filtering then!

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

And about 10% of the useful stuff as well I expect.

I don't think the figure is that high! I've been filtering everything
from googlegroups for ages and, AFAICT, I've not missed much of any
importance. Maybe just the occasional poster.

To the OP:
Of course, forgetting OE and using any proper newsreader also helps. OE
simply can't do it properly. It doesn't have proper filtering facilities.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:

I reset the groups to get them more up to date after my longish
absence, and a lot of posts from advertisers and the BNP pushers were
all over the place.

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

Welcome back. The only problem is that you let your guard drop, while
the regulars have kept their filters up and don't see any problem at
all.

I don't find it necessary to block any messages by ISP, only by header
and other properties such as excessive length and cross-posting.

The only recurring problem is caused by a few regulars in this group who
get involved in some heavily cross-posted off-topic dogfight... and then
trim their replies to uk.d-i-y alone. Please don't!

--
Ian White
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mick wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:32:15 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

snip

Seems like Virginmedia don't do much filtering then!

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

And about 10% of the useful stuff as well I expect.

I don't think the figure is that high! I've been filtering everything
from googlegroups for ages and, AFAICT, I've not missed much of any
importance. Maybe just the occasional poster.

BW is filtering GMail and yahoo email addresses as well GG by the sounds
of it. That's a fair chunk of users.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:28:42 GMT
"BigWallop" wrote:

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

As you will realise from my email address, I don't think you have this
quite right. I use gmail to preserve my other email addresses from
spam harvesting. The main problem IMO is those who use 'groups' web
interfaces to the usenet.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:00:24 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545
posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about
mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the
Big Nutjobs Party.

Haven't seen *any* of those. The only "noise" in when some of the
regulars have a bit of bun fight. You know who your are...

Get your news from a decent server that filters the crap. I'm with
news.individual.net, you have to pay but EUR10/year is a small price
for a spam free newsfeed. eternal-september.org is free and I know
that people use that without complaining about spam, so maybe their
filtering is as effective as NINs?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
mick wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:32:15 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

snip

Seems like Virginmedia don't do much filtering then!

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have

YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)
And about 10% of the useful stuff as well I expect.

I don't think the figure is that high! I've been filtering everything
from googlegroups for ages and, AFAICT, I've not missed much of any
importance. Maybe just the occasional poster.

BW is filtering GMail and yahoo email addresses as well GG by the sounds
of it. That's a fair chunk of users.

Cheers,

John.

The domain name filtering seems to work really well. In fact, I don't think
I'm missing any of the real posts to the group at all. It seems to be the
free domain names that the spammers use and throw away that are carrying all
the rubbish.

If I do miss one or two original postings, then I can always pick them up in
the replies. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:17:51 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

snip

BW is filtering GMail and yahoo email addresses as well GG by the sounds
of it. That's a fair chunk of users.

oops... sorry - missed that!
I've had a couple of things to stick in my killfile, but not much.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:11:21 +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:28:42 GMT
"BigWallop" wrote:

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)

As you will realise from my email address, I don't think you have this
quite right. I use gmail to preserve my other email addresses from spam
harvesting. The main problem IMO is those who use 'groups' web
interfaces to the usenet.

Strictly speaking, you don't need a valid "From:" header when posting to
newsgroups (see my headers for an example). An invalid address prevents
email harvesting from newsgroups and reduces your spam level. That must
be good. :-) Using " automatically makes the address
invalid so no-one gets your spam. Don't use "@invalid" as that is
actually a valid email address!

An invalid email address will, of course, mess up anyone wanting to email
you directly!

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

for a spam free newsfeed. eternal-september.org is free and I know
that people use that without complaining about spam, so maybe their
filtering is as effective as NINs?

I've recently switched to eternal september - trialling it for a bit
before I close my paid Gradwell account. Seems fine, and I certainly
don't see as much spam as the OP apparently does.

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run
several, no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak
of, much better all round.

Yehbut imagine dribble as a moderator...

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

Can you imagine a mailing list (aka yahoo group) for a group of the same
volume as uk.d-i-y?

Anyway usenet is great - better than either mailing lists or web forums in
so many ways.

FWIW I've seen none of the mail order brides or watches spam. I suspect
that's getting cancelled, and my news provider is honouring those cancels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

This one does the rounds every year or so...

As a general rule I personally don't like web based fora. Slow,
inflexible etc.

I don't think this group would be half as interesting if it were
moderated. A huge amount of interesting stuff comes up in threads that
have drifted off topic, or start out as ding dongs between a couple of
posters with entrenched view points.

For example, most moderators would soon tire of:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...aaddc5276e2f6a

and yet there is loads of good information being presented there - even
if only to swat ever more daft suggestions from one of the contributors.
(I will leave you to work out which)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

Can you imagine a mailing list (aka yahoo group) for a group of the same
volume as uk.d-i-y?

Anyway usenet is great - better than either mailing lists or web forums in
so many ways.

FWIW I've seen none of the mail order brides or watches spam. I suspect
that's getting cancelled, and my news provider is honouring those cancels.

Yup, same here. I get the BNP dickheads and the occasional other ad, but
not much in volume at all.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Aug 2009 18:40:57 GMT, mick wrote:

Don't use "@invalid" as that is actually a valid email address!

According to RFC2606 the top level doamin "invalid" is invalid so
anything.invalid is invalid.

However .invalid.com *is* valid. B-)

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt

An invalid email address will, of course, mess up anyone wanting to
email you directly!

True but if you bung something in that a human can spot and remove
that isn't a problem but I much prefer the "read it here, reply here"
approach.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-08-09, BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail

order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Get a better killfile. I haven't seen any of the things you complain of.

That'll just be me, then. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
The Medway Handyman wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run
several, no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to
speak of, much better all round.

This one does the rounds every year or so...

As a general rule I personally don't like web based fora. Slow,
inflexible etc.

And, lets face it, this sort of discussion surfaces from time to time -
nothing ever happens. Everyone knows it would lose it's unique character
and become another boring, dry forum (in the general sense of the word)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:34:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
[...]

Good one to kick off the Andy Hall of Fame archive?

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:29:05 GMT, "BigWallop"

On 2009-08-09, BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail

order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Get a better killfile. I haven't seen any of the things you complain of.

That'll just be me, then. :-)

You and me both, loads of fake watches etc. It seems if you want
Branstons 50mb/s (haha) you have to take his raw newsfeed. Well, you
don't have to, but its convenient if you are on his cable network and it
is fast, and certainly makes you learn how to craft neat filters. I use
Forte agent for news, I like its filters, and Mailwasher for email
filtering.

BTW, I had a look at the uk.d-i-y statistics today
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/about and see we peaked at
around 13k posts/month in 2004, now its around 6k and falling in spite
if the efforts of the spammers

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil Addison wrote:

For example, most moderators would soon tire of:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...aaddc5276e2f6a

and yet there is loads of good information being presented there - even

Good one to kick off the Andy Hall of Fame archive?

Great minds an all that... ;-)

Tis why I had the link to hand - it came from my early collection of
suitable stuff.

Anyone got any other recommendations? Google's search being partly
broken at the mo is not helping.

(I have got the AH patented radiator flushing procedure, and the design
of a outbuilding heating system)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil Addison wrote:

BTW, I had a look at the uk.d-i-y statistics today
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/about and see we peaked at
around 13k posts/month in 2004, now its around 6k and falling in spite
if the efforts of the spammers

Nice to see Andy still sits at the top of the all time rankings:

22336
21455
16466
13845
12035
12006
11130
10813
10111
9438

(although I expect if you added the total for all of dribble's nyms he
would win in quantity)

Anyone know what happened to Mr. McArdle, he also vanished rather abruptly?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-08-09, BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

[...]

That's what it is, Phil. Virginmedia have a motto that goes something like
"If the customer wants it, then why don't they do it themselves". :-)

As for the drop in postings to the group, that's just down to all the
regulars having finished their own home renovations over these past years.
lol We'll have to wait on the new generation of B&Qer to grow up a little
more before we see it peak again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:14:03 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:

For example, most moderators would soon tire of:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...aaddc5276e2f6a

and yet there is loads of good information being presented there - even

Good one to kick off the Andy Hall of Fame archive?

Great minds an all that... ;-)

Tis why I had the link to hand - it came from my early collection of
suitable stuff.

Thats great to hear.

Anyone got any other recommendations? Google's search being partly
broken at the mo is not helping.

Did you try the advanced page? I had problems earlier on the basic page
but the advanced one was fine
http://groups.google.com/groups/adva...group:uk.d-i-y

(I have got the AH patented radiator flushing procedure, and the design
of a outbuilding heating system)

A few more for the pot...

Explanation of how condensing boilers only gradually approach their top
efficiency as return temp falls.

Fein, one example http://tinyurl.com/pzz72n

why doesn't use B&Q

how to get your money back

sorry, don't have a links to hand. some searching due :-O

Aga, possibly http://tinyurl.com/quru39

Water softener, http://tinyurl.com/ptqrku

Water softener, rogue magnetic one http://tinyurl.com/qorcx4

Power tool specs http://tinyurl.com/pcjpzq
The folly of buying el cheapo

Wet room

Miele

He didn't like Br Gas

Any of the classic drivel vs andy Combi battles (guess who looses!)
Ditto on housing politics

Microsoft Windows is a monitor not an OS

Dishwasher choice http://tinyurl.com/oppg3w

Damn, there are so many good posts its a job to know what to pick.

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Nice to see Andy still sits at the top of the all time rankings:

22336
21455
16466
13845
12035
12006
11130
10813
10111
9438

Sadly not if those are the figures. I changed from argonet to my own
domain when going broadband so mine add up to 27279. But of course if
we're talking quality of postings there's no contest. ;-)

(although I expect if you added the total for all of dribble's nyms he
would win in quantity)

Anyone know what happened to Mr. McArdle, he also vanished rather
abruptly?

There's quite a few from the early days I wonder about. But it seems
Newsnet ain't as popular as once. Some obviously prefer the pretty
graphics of forums over content.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 10, 12:00*am, "BigWallop"
wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545 posts
are about real DIY subjects. *The rest of the shi***** is about mail order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Does anyone in here have a question or need help with a true DIY project?
If so, let yourself be known to us who want to help.

The rest of you blowhards need to start your own group about illegal
advertising and promotion of political hatred and sexual deviance to minors.

THIS IS A dO iT yOURSE3LF HELP GROUP.

So you also need to learn no stop making idiotic comments and
responding to obvious spammers.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-08-09, BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

[...]

We might be the last of a fading generation... those that would even
countenance the idea that you don't have to "get a man in".

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

We might be the last of a fading generation... those that would even
countenance the idea that you don't have to "get a man in".

I suspect that we may also be the last generation to use USENET. The vast
majority of people I speak to about researching stuff have never heard of
USENET or newsreaders.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Downie wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

We might be the last of a fading generation... those that would even
countenance the idea that you don't have to "get a man in".

Oi! I'm in my 20s, I'm not exactly fading :-)

Some of my friends are completely inept with anything practical, others
are engaged in major renovation projects. Most are somewhere between the
two.

I suspect that we may also be the last generation to use USENET. The
vast majority of people I speak to about researching stuff have never
heard of USENET or newsreaders.

But that was probably true when you started using usenet, too.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
Phil Addison wrote:

BTW, I had a look at the uk.d-i-y statistics today
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/about and see we peaked at
around 13k posts/month in 2004, now its around 6k and falling in spite
if the efforts of the spammers

Nice to see Andy still sits at the top of the all time rankings:

22336
21455
16466
13845
12035
12006
11130
10813
10111
9438

(although I expect if you added the total for all of dribble's nyms he
would win in quantity)

Anyone know what happened to Mr. McArdle, he also vanished rather abruptly?

As did Mary

9th ?I don't belieeeeve it

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 12:00 am, "BigWallop"
wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Does anyone in here have a question or need help with a true DIY project?
If so, let yourself be known to us who want to help.

The rest of you blowhards need to start your own group about illegal
advertising and promotion of political hatred and sexual deviance to

minors.

THIS IS A dO iT yOURSE3LF HELP GROUP.

So you also need to learn no stop making idiotic comments and
responding to obvious spammers.

MBQ

The replies I made to the actual cross posted groups and their respective
administrators, are a lot stronger than the rant above. The rant herein was
not meant to appear in those group, because I didn't want to create an
influx of idiotic postings, "Just for the hell of it" style.

But my rant does seem to have had an impact on the quality of posts in this
DIY group here, after people have realised that the cross postings were
becoming an issue. I now notice that any replies being made by some folks
of this group, are actually not appearing here because they are taking the
time to remove this group address from the pile.

We don't all have filtering of the highest quality, so something needed done
about the idiots. I chose to do something and not put up with all the
garbage flowing through the usenet systems. I am truly sorry if my opinion
is not that of the consensus, but I could not control my impulse to
complain. That's just the way I am. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:19:40 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 12:00 am, "BigWallop"
wrote:
[...]

No need to apologise, especially to MBQ who expressed himself quite
rudely. You have made some valid points, and also many useful
contributions previously, always in good humour unlike some here that
can't control their mouths.

While I'm here can I point out that your replies would be easier to read
if you avoided the style of just running on below the post you are
replying to. I see you are using Outlook Express, and though I haven't
used it for years I believe it has an option somewhere to "quote the
post you are replying to". That will cause some form of marker, as this
" " in mine above, to distinguish the original post from your reply.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Phil Addison wrote:

While I'm here can I point out that your replies would be easier to read
if you avoided the style of just running on below the post you are
replying to. I see you are using Outlook Express, and though I haven't
used it for years I believe it has an option somewhere to "quote the
post you are replying to". That will cause some form of marker, as this
" " in mine above, to distinguish the original post from your reply.

Cheers,

John.

Thank you Guys. I didn't know anything like quotefix existed. It make
things much easier to read as well as send. It has now been placed in my
software archive box in case future re-installations are required.

I am a much happier bunny now, cause I read the posts in one go, instead of
having to hunt through where people have replied in between the previous
text. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 12, 9:23*pm, Phil Addison wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:19:40 GMT, "BigWallop"

wrote:

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 12:00 am, "BigWallop"
wrote:
[...]

Oh come on! I wasn't rude. Merely pointing out that you can't have it
both ways. if you don't like the state of the group, don't respond to
obvious spammers like BW did.

MBQ