Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Would it be possible to have

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of
545 posts are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is
about mail order brides, buying fake watches and political garbage
about the Big Nutjobs Party.

IMO the whole thing would be much better as a Yahoo Group. I run several,
no spam, moderation, no flame wars, no missing posts to speak of, much
better all round.

This one does the rounds every year or so...

As a general rule I personally don't like web based fora. Slow,
inflexible etc.

I don't think this group would be half as interesting if it were
moderated. A huge amount of interesting stuff comes up in threads that
have drifted off topic, or start out as ding dongs between a couple of
posters with entrenched view points.

For example, most moderators would soon tire of:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...aaddc5276e2f6a

and yet there is loads of good information being presented there - even
if only to swat ever more daft suggestions from one of the contributors.
(I will leave you to work out which)

--
Cheers,

John.