Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Would it be possible to have

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news
BigWallop wrote:
A real D.I.Y group again?

Out of all the postings I have just downloaded, only around 100 of 545

posts
are about real DIY subjects. The rest of the shi***** is about mail

order
brides, buying fake watches and political garbage about the Big Nutjobs
Party.

Where are you getting your news feed?

I get a S/N of about 98% at the moment I guess. I might need to kill two
or three threads a day - all that seems to get through are one or two
fake watche type ads, and the occasional British nazi rant.

Cheers,

John.

I reset the groups to get them more up to date after my longish absence, and
a lot of posts from advertisers and the BNP pushers were all over the place.

My quick fix, is to block all senders (from addresses) that have YAHOO,
Google or GMail in them. That actually gets rid of 98% of the little
buggers, would you believe. :-)