Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Temporary outside storage

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Just shelter, or completely secure and weatherproof?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 July, 14:53, "Vortex4" wrote:
"Arthur 51" wrote in message

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. *Ideally *it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. *The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Just shelter, or completely secure and weatherproof?

Has to be secure and weatherproof. thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Just shelter, or completely secure and weatherproof?

Has to be secure and weatherproof. thanks.

Arthur

++++
Have you looked at these plastic sheds you can get.

Search for "shed" on Argos and you'll see what I mean. Look at the 705/2295

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Just shelter, or completely secure and weatherproof?

Has to be secure and weatherproof. *thanks.

Arthur

++++
Have you looked at these plastic sheds you can get.

Search for "shed" on Argos and you'll see what I mean. *Look at the 705/2295

I need something bigger..about 6 feet wide.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Just shelter, or completely secure and weatherproof?

Has to be secure and weatherproof. *thanks.

Arthur

++++
Have you looked at these plastic sheds you can get.

Search for "shed" on Argos and you'll see what I mean. *Look at the 705/2295

I need something bigger..about 6 feet wide.- Hide quoted text -

You'll have difficulty fitting something 6 feet wide into the 'max
width' of I metre you mentioned in your original post. Might need an
angle grinder to trim it to size ;-)

Toom
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:49:08 -0700, Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Over here (US) you can get metal sheds that come in kit form with sliding
doors cheaply from the bigger DIY places - there might be something
similar available in the UK. They bolt together easily enough, although
you have to put together your own floor (worst-case some 2x4" framework
with 1/2" chipboard over the top would do, although treated stuff would be
better for anything long-term).

Parts quality isn't that great, the door sliders in particular, but they
come in a range of sizes and are "reasonably" sturdy and secure (i.e. you
get what you pay for - wouldn't stop a hurricane or a tealeaf with some
metal snips). They don't seem to leak, which is a good thing :-)

After you're done with it, sell it or use the metal panels for more
interesting projects...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi all.
I think I need temporary storage to stand alonside my block built
shed in the back yard. Ideally it would stand next to the shed wall
which is about 6 feet long and of similair height. The max width I
could
accommodate here is about 1 metre.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks.

Arthur

Rent a shipping container? No idea where from - but I'm toying with the
idea...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toom Tabard wrote:

On 22 July, 16:23, Arthur 51 wrote:
On 22 July, 15:54, "Vortex4" wrote:

Search for "shed" on Argos and you'll see what I mean. *Look at the 705/2295

I need something bigger..about 6 feet wide.

You'll have difficulty fitting something 6 feet wide into the 'max
width' of I metre you mentioned in your original post. Might need an
angle grinder to trim it to size ;-)

If you look at that Argos item, it is 4 ft 6 in x 2 ft 3 in, so
could be quite a lot wider, but I'm still not sure the OP would
get the doors fully open ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:32:13 -0500, Jules
wrote:

Over here (US) you can get metal sheds that come in kit form with sliding
doors cheaply from the bigger DIY places - there might be something
similar available in the UK. They bolt together easily enough, although
you have to put together your own floor (worst-case some 2x4" framework
with 1/2" chipboard over the top would do, although treated stuff would be
better for anything long-term).

Parts quality isn't that great, the door sliders in particular, but they
come in a range of sizes and are "reasonably" sturdy and secure (i.e. you
get what you pay for - wouldn't stop a hurricane or a tealeaf with some
metal snips). They don't seem to leak, which is a good thing :-)

Got one of those from B&Q (in the UK) last year. It, and its contents,
survived the winter. Can't remember what I paid but do remember seeing
it listed £20 cheaper about two months after I got mine. They come in
two sizes I think. I got the bigger one.

Temporary dishwasher Theo Markettos UK diy 7 July 7th 09 12:17 AM
'Temporary' fix for skirting? GMM UK diy 4 December 21st 07 10:57 PM
Temporary floor geraldthehamster UK diy 5 November 19th 07 09:28 PM
Temporary Tabletop Chris UK diy 4 October 17th 07 12:54 PM
temporary shower louis quasha Home Repair 7 August 23rd 04 04:34 PM