louis quasha

Default temporary shower

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an
ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin
Speedy Jim

louis quasha wrote:

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an
ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin

Ejector pump??
Do you mean there is no place to drain the water to in the basement?

I can picture a very large galv washtub you could stand in,
using a handheld shower wand to wash with. Plastic curtains
hung from the ceiling would drape into the washtub.

Jim
Richard J Kinch

louis quasha writes:

Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement?

Shower curtain into plastic tub sold for mixing concrete at Home
Depot/Lowes. Small dewatering pump if you need to lift the water.

louis quasha wrote:

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module...

How about a large plastic garden sprayer, as described in "Water Conservation
and the Mist Experience," $3? from the Minimum Cost Housing Group/School of
Architecture/McGill University/3480 University Street/Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7/
Canada, (514) 398-6723. Their pamphlet describes ways of making very low-flow
mist showers with water consumptions of 1 pint per hour (Bucky Fuller's :-)
and up. You might collect the water in a laundry tub.

Nick

Joseph Meehan

louis quasha wrote:
I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an
ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin

Take a look in the camping section of a good sporting goods store or RV
dealer.

Do you own or rent. I suspect that if you are renting local codes would
require the landlord to provide. Of course local codes likely say you can't
continue to live there without bath or shower facilities.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Les Nessman

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
louis quasha wrote:
I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an
ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin

Take a look in the camping section of a good sporting goods store or

RV
dealer.

I was just going to recommend the camping section of any store. They have
those
3 gal. bag showers for campers.

Nick Hull

In article , Speedy Jim wrote:

louis quasha wrote:

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module that I can
hook up in my basement? I'd love to avoid having to invest in an
ejector pump.

Thanks! Crispin

Ejector pump??
Do you mean there is no place to drain the water to in the basement?

I can picture a very large galv washtub you could stand in,
using a handheld shower wand to wash with. Plastic curtains
hung from the ceiling would drape into the washtub.

Jim

It works, I used to shower in the basement standing in a tub with a
bucket of cold water and a coffee pot of hot water (no enclosure)

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/