Graham Wilson

Default power/electric shower

In our house, the bathroom is situated on the ground floor.

We have a combi-boiler that heats the water when you turn on the
shower. The water pressure is quite high and the shower is hot.

When I lived in a previous house, it had a power shower that pumped
the hot water from an imersion tank. The power shower was great but
the hot water from the tank didn't last very long.

I'm looking at replacing the bathroom in the current house and would
like the best of both words - instant hot water (no imersion tank) but
also the power of a power shower.

I was wondering.......

Could you fit a power shower pump on the shower input and the pass the
hot water from the boiler through the pump and into an electric shower
unit. The water would be heated by both the boiler and the electric
shower.

I guess the only problem would be the speed of the pump. Too fast a
flow and the boiler / electric shower couldn't heat the water
sufficiently. Too slow and the water would be very hot.

It's a shame that no one has done a mini heater unit that could fit
under the bath that would heat the water and which contains a powerful
pump with say a digital controller (like the controllers on an
electric shower) situated on the wall in the shower that could be used
to control the exact temperature.

Graham

IMM

"Graham Wilson" wrote in message
In our house, the bathroom is situated on the ground floor.

We have a combi-boiler that heats
the water when you turn on the
shower. The water pressure is quite
high and the shower is hot.

When I lived in a previous house, it had a power shower that pumped
the hot water from an imersion tank. The power shower was great but
the hot water from the tank didn't last very long.

I'm looking at replacing the bathroom in the current house and would
like the best of both words - instant hot water (no imersion tank) but
also the power of a power shower.

I was wondering.......

Could you fit a power shower pump on the shower input and the pass the
hot water from the boiler through the pump and into an electric shower
unit. The water would be heated by both the boiler and the electric
shower.

You can't put a pump on the mains water. Yoiu have answered your own query:
"The water pressure is quite high and the shower is hot." Just use the
combi with a decent shower mixer.

Why the hell do you want to mix a cheap to run gas combi and an electric
shower? If you want high flow rates, then buy a high flowrate combi. Look
at:

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...40HE_PLUS.html

"Worcester Greensrtar 40HE Plus Condensing Combination Boiler.
Output - 11.4 - 39.1 kW . 38,900 to 133,409 Btu's
High - 850mm
Wide - 440mm
Deep - 360mm
Weight - 46Kg
Domestic Hot Water Flow Rate - 16 L/min
Built in fault diagnostic display.
SEDBUK Band - A
97% Efficiency
Condensing In DHW Mode
Price Includes Flue, Clock and Delivery.
Price ex VAT: £1,160.00 £1,363.00 Including VAT"

or..

"Worcester Greenstar 35HE Plus Condensing Combination Boiler.
Output - 7.4 - 27.2 kW . 25,200 to 120,000 Btu's
High - 850mm
Wide - 512mm
Deep - 360mm
Weight - 53Kg
Domestic Hot Water Flow Rate - 14.3 L/min
Built in fault diagnostic display.
SEDBUK Band - A
97% Efficiency
Condensing In DHW Mode
Price ex VAT: £993.00 £1,166.78 Including VAT"

Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Dirty folk: third shower proposed! GB UK diy 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
shower drain for tiled shower floor g UK diy 3 September 2nd 03 01:55 AM