Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Temporary floor

Having installed appropriate joists in the 30 sq m half of my first
floor that didn't have them, I now want to put down a temporary floor
on which I - and the joiner who will build my dormers - can work, to
complete this part of my renovation. I want to lay loft board or
similar, to avoid dirtying and damaging the pitch pine floorboards
that I have stacked in the garage, that will be the finished floor.
Does anyone have an opinion on the cheapest way to create such a
temporary floor, that will be strong enough? The joists span 3.5m to
each side of a dividing wall, and are at 400mm (ish) centres.

Regards
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Few sheets of the cheapest 18mm board at your timber merchants
(probably spruce ply or OSB/stirling board both around £20/sheet). You
probably only need to sheet the walkways and main work areas, not
every inch - and you'll find plenty of re-uses for a few odd sheets
later.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geraldthehamster wrote:
Having installed appropriate joists in the 30 sq m half of my first
floor that didn't have them, I now want to put down a temporary floor
on which I - and the joiner who will build my dormers - can work, to
complete this part of my renovation. I want to lay loft board or
similar, to avoid dirtying and damaging the pitch pine floorboards
that I have stacked in the garage, that will be the finished floor.
Does anyone have an opinion on the cheapest way to create such a
temporary floor, that will be strong enough? The joists span 3.5m to
each side of a dividing wall, and are at 400mm (ish) centres.

Regards
Richard

Put your pine floor down and cover with hardboard.
Tape the joints.

Andy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"geraldthehamster" wrote in message
Having installed appropriate joists in the 30 sq m half of my first
floor that didn't have them, I now want to put down a temporary floor
on which I - and the joiner who will build my dormers - can work, to
complete this part of my renovation. I want to lay loft board or
similar, to avoid dirtying and damaging the pitch pine floorboards
that I have stacked in the garage, that will be the finished floor.
Does anyone have an opinion on the cheapest way to create such a
temporary floor, that will be strong enough? The joists span 3.5m to
each side of a dividing wall, and are at 400mm (ish) centres.

Regards
Richard

I used 18mm ply when doing similar work then turned it over and used it to
board out the loft space for storage

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Nov, 16:44, " wrote:
Few sheets of the cheapest 18mm board at your timber merchants
(probably spruce ply or OSB/stirling board both around £20/sheet). You
probably only need to sheet the walkways and main work areas, not
every inch - and you'll find plenty of re-uses for a few odd sheets
later.

Thanks - I don't call 20 quid a sheet cheap though. I'm interested in
cheap cheap ;-)

I can re-use some of the flooring (loft boards) that I took up, but
some of it is a bit precarious...

Regards
Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geraldthehamster wrote:
On 19 Nov, 16:44, " wrote:
Few sheets of the cheapest 18mm board at your timber merchants
(probably spruce ply or OSB/stirling board both around �20/sheet). You
probably only need to sheet the walkways and main work areas, not
every inch - and you'll find plenty of re-uses for a few odd sheets
later.

Thanks - I don't call 20 quid a sheet cheap though. I'm interested in
cheap cheap ;-)

18mm chipboard then.

Temporary Tabletop Chris UK diy 4 October 17th 07 12:54 PM
Shower temporary fix question Rich Heimlich Home Repair 5 June 22nd 05 08:43 PM
Cheap Temporary Flooring Seamus Mc Loughlin UK diy 4 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Waterproof temporary floor covering REPOSTED Bioboffin UK diy 3 October 5th 04 02:04 AM
temporary shower louis quasha Home Repair 7 August 23rd 04 04:34 PM