Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default metal slipping on wood

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that will
not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

yes. Bicycle inner tube, slit to ribbons, wound round with plenty of
evostik to hold it there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vass wrote:
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to
create better adhesion that will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?

A few suitable O rings?

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

What diameter is it? Would one of those rubber caps intended for the end of
walking sticks fit?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Vass wrote:

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

What diameter is it? Would one of those rubber caps intended for the end
of walking sticks fit?

its approx 12mm diameter with a key slot in it.
I'm running agains the shaft approx 30mm from the end to ensure it does'nt
run off.
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:45:32 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Vass wrote:
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to
create better adhesion that will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?

A few suitable O rings?

Nice idea - might be possible to get heatshrink tubing in a suitable
diameter, too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is
slipping pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

What diameter is it? Would one of those rubber caps intended for the
end of walking sticks fit?

its approx 12mm diameter with a key slot in it.
I'm running agains the shaft approx 30mm from the end to ensure it
does'nt run off.

In that case, a walking-stick rubber would probably be too big in diameter,
and not long enough.

I wonder whether you might be better off attaching the rubber - maybe rubber
strips stapled on - to the edge of the wooden turntable rather than to the
shaft.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is
slipping pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

What diameter is it? Would one of those rubber caps intended for the
end of walking sticks fit?

its approx 12mm diameter with a key slot in it.
I'm running agains the shaft approx 30mm from the end to ensure it
does'nt run off.

In that case, a walking-stick rubber would probably be too big in
diameter, and not long enough.

I wonder whether you might be better off attaching the rubber - maybe
rubber strips stapled on - to the edge of the wooden turntable rather than
to the shaft.

ahhh.. that could work, like it.the pressure on the wood is quite high, so
might ripple, will give it a go.
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?

What about self amalgamaiting tape?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 20/07/2009, Vass supposed :
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping pressed
against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that will not
wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

Self amalgamating tape - stretch and pull it tight as you wind it
round.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 20/07/2009, Vass supposed :
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

Self amalgamating tape - stretch and pull it tight as you wind it round.

In the right direction of course. Otherwise, it will undo, as it won't
get full bond as soon as it is applied.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 20/07/2009, Vass supposed :
following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping
pressed against the timber
what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that
will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought?
TIA

Self amalgamating tape - stretch and pull it tight as you wind it round.

In the right direction of course. Otherwise, it will undo, as it won't get
full bond as soon as it is applied.

righto, thats what I'm gonna do
thanks
--