Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasterboard in kitchen

Hi.
I will be having some plasterboard dot and dabbed to
a wall in my kitchen in a few days.
Is there a variety of PB that is better for kitchens?

Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
I will be having some plasterboard dot and dabbed to
a wall in my kitchen in a few days.
Is there a variety of PB that is better for kitchens?

Thanks.

Arthur

Better than what?

Assuming you're not expecting to be knee-deep in water most of the time,
standard plasterboard is perfectly adequate. I assume that it will be
skimmed and painted and/or tiled?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
I will be having some plasterboard dot and dabbed to
a wall in my kitchen in a few days.
Is there a variety of PB that is better for kitchens?

Thanks.

Arthur

Better than what?

Assuming you're not expecting to be knee-deep in water most of the time,
standard plasterboard is perfectly adequate. I assume that it will be
skimmed and painted and/or tiled?

All 3 eventually.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arthur 51 wrote:
Assuming you're not expecting to be knee-deep in water most of the
time, standard plasterboard is perfectly adequate. I assume that it
will be skimmed and painted and/or tiled?

All 3 eventually.

No need to skim if you're going to tile.

--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Plasterboard norm UK diy 6 January 17th 06 10:24 AM
plasterboard Mike UK diy 1 October 10th 05 02:44 AM
Plasterboard bronkone7 UK diy 12 July 31st 05 11:04 PM
Plasterboard bronkone7 UK diy 3 July 26th 05 09:40 AM
Where to buy plasterboard? Bob Eager UK diy 11 December 13th 03 12:02 AM