Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Frosts carving tools.

Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know a walk-in shop chain (rather than
t'internet order etc), ideally in / around Nth London / Herts / Essex
that sells Frosts hand carving tools please?

Ideally they will also be open on a Saturday. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know a walk-in shop chain (rather than
t'internet order etc), ideally in / around Nth London / Herts / Essex
that sells Frosts hand carving tools please?

Ideally they will also be open on a Saturday. ;-)

You could try Simbles in watford

http://www.simbles.com/site/

There's always tilgear in cuffley

http://www.tilgear.info/

--
bumsnase
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:40:36 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know a walk-in shop chain (rather than
t'internet order etc), ideally in / around Nth London / Herts / Essex
that sells Frosts hand carving tools please?

Ideally they will also be open on a Saturday. ;-)

You could try Simbles in watford

http://www.simbles.com/site/

Ah thanks. A quick search of their site doesn't reveal what we are
looking for (daughter fancies doing some spoon carving) but I'll give
em a call tomorrow if they are open.

There's always tilgear in cuffley

http://www.tilgear.info/

I had already scanned the Tillgear catalogue and I don't think they do
exactly what we looking for (even if not Frosts etc). I don't think
they open on Sat either.

Thanks though, ;-)

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:40:36 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
Hi All,

Would anyone happen to know a walk-in shop chain (rather than
t'internet order etc), ideally in / around Nth London / Herts / Essex
that sells Frosts hand carving tools please?

Ideally they will also be open on a Saturday. ;-)

You could try Simbles in watford

http://www.simbles.com/site/

Ah thanks. A quick search of their site doesn't reveal what we are
looking for (daughter fancies doing some spoon carving) but I'll give
em a call tomorrow if they are open.

I don't think that they completely know what they have in all their
nooks and crannies

yes they are open on saturdays
drop us an email if you decide to come over

There's always tilgear in cuffley

http://www.tilgear.info/

I had already scanned the Tillgear catalogue and I don't think they do
exactly what we looking for (even if not Frosts etc). I don't think
they open on Sat either.

Thanks though, ;-)

T i m

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:16:25 +0100, geoff wrote:

You could try Simbles in watford

http://www.simbles.com/site/

Ah thanks. A quick search of their site doesn't reveal what we are
looking for (daughter fancies doing some spoon carving) but I'll give
em a call tomorrow if they are open.

I don't think that they completely know what they have in all their
nooks and crannies

;-)

yes they are open on saturdays

Ok Ta.

drop us an email if you decide to come over

Ok will do.

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:16:25 +0100, geoff wrote:

yes they are open on saturdays

Bad form n that but I gave em a ring this morning at they said they
did have a set of 'Faithfull' wood carving tools but although I
emphasised the description of the particular tool I was after "you use
it sideways against your thumb like some veg peelers ... the sharp bit
is on the side, not on the end like a std chisel ..." I wasn't
convinced I was getting through. A Google for said tool set shows yer
typical chisels and gouges (and even one called a spoon gouge) but not
what I was looking for.

They sounded like:
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=132617

When I believe I wanted:
http://lakelandbushcraft.co.uk/acatalog/Knives.html
(bottom 5 items).

The handy thing for daughter is she shouldn't have any issues getting
material to practice on as she currently spends much of her day
feeding such through a chipper. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Very cheap two cherries carving tools raquel Woodworking 8 October 29th 17 01:42 AM
Semi OT - Carving tools - Sharpening Kevin Woodturning 2 January 9th 07 02:29 AM
very cheap two cherries carving tools raquel Woodturning 0 March 1st 06 07:29 PM
Carving Tools Hank Woodworking 4 October 27th 05 02:16 PM
blue steel for carving tools? Bob Swinney Metalworking 7 July 17th 03 01:39 AM