Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Frosts carving tools.

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:16:25 +0100, geoff wrote:

yes they are open on saturdays

Bad form n that but I gave em a ring this morning at they said they
did have a set of 'Faithfull' wood carving tools but although I
emphasised the description of the particular tool I was after "you use
it sideways against your thumb like some veg peelers ... the sharp bit
is on the side, not on the end like a std chisel ..." I wasn't
convinced I was getting through. A Google for said tool set shows yer
typical chisels and gouges (and even one called a spoon gouge) but not
what I was looking for.

They sounded like:
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=132617

When I believe I wanted:
http://lakelandbushcraft.co.uk/acatalog/Knives.html
(bottom 5 items).

The handy thing for daughter is she shouldn't have any issues getting
material to practice on as she currently spends much of her day
feeding such through a chipper. ;-)

Cheers, T i m