Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tool-Net

A couple of weeks back, Tool-Net was mentioned.

I passed on the information from PowerTools and Fixings Direct (their sister
company) that ToolNet were alive.

This was and is (apparently) true. But there is a twist (which in hindsight
is not very surprising).

I went to PT&FD to pick up my studs, to meet some men loading the entire
stock into lorries. They'd gone bust this week.

Apparently Tool-Net aren't bankrupt technically being separate (this is 2nd
hand info) but caution might be advised assuming they are run by the same
guy. This could do with checking for factual accuracy - were does one go to
see a list of companies in receivership - Companies House?

I've kept it to the minimal statements of fact as were relayed to me
verbally. I don't think it fair to pass speculative gossip on a public
forum...

Cheers

Tim

My email is valid...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 July, 12:34, Tim S wrote:
[...]

Many thanks for that, Tim. Fortunately your information a fortnight
or so ago to me was timely indeed therefore, as I got my expensive
items out of them and have only lost out a couple of tubes of glue.
Makes me even more appreciative of you putting in the effort for me.
Thanks for that again.

You, I guess form your comments, must have lost out on your studs
which I'm sure is much more inconvenient.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apparently Tool-Net aren't bankrupt technically being separate (this
is 2nd hand info) but caution might be advised assuming they are run
by the same guy. This could do with checking for factual accuracy -

FWIW the online T&C for Tool-Net imply the trading company is Fixings
Direct Ltd :

"The brand "tool-net" and URL of "www.tool-net.co.uk" are trading names
of Fixings Direct Ltd and for purposes of this document will be referred
to as "Us" or "the Company". All aspects of www.tool-net.co.uk trading
is undertaken by Fixings Direct Ltd at the company's registered address
or subsidiary sites and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' page."

Does not mean there aren't separate companies (eg there may be many
variations on a name) but .....

were does one go to see a list of companies in receivership -
Companies House?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob G wibbled:

Many thanks for that, Tim. Fortunately your information a fortnight
or so ago to me was timely indeed therefore, as I got my expensive
items out of them and have only lost out a couple of tubes of glue.
Makes me even more appreciative of you putting in the effort for me.
Thanks for that again.

Good - you were quite lucky by the sounds of it.

You, I guess form your comments, must have lost out on your studs
which I'm sure is much more inconvenient.

Fortunately I hadn't paid, and it was only 10 quid or so and I do all the
house renovation stuff on CC anyway
Posted to uk.d-i-y

neverwas wibbled:

Apparently Tool-Net aren't bankrupt technically being separate (this
is 2nd hand info) but caution might be advised assuming they are run
by the same guy. This could do with checking for factual accuracy -

FWIW the online T&C for Tool-Net imply the trading company is Fixings
Direct Ltd :

"The brand "tool-net" and URL of "www.tool-net.co.uk" are trading names
of Fixings Direct Ltd and for purposes of this document will be referred
to as "Us" or "the Company". All aspects of www.tool-net.co.uk trading
is undertaken by Fixings Direct Ltd at the company's registered address
or subsidiary sites and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' page."

Does not mean there aren't separate companies (eg there may be many
variations on a name) but .....

Does sound like it...