Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need to block washbasin chain hole

Fitting new washbasins, all 2 taphole (I got a fab ebay deal on Grohe
lever taps) - only option is with overflow and plug-chain hole.

I'd like to use click-clack wastes (push to close, push to open) - so
I need to block off the unused chain hole.

Is there a product designed for this?

If not, what will make a really neat solution?

(My only idea so far is a short, fat, stainless steel coach bolt)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Fitting new washbasins, all 2 taphole (I got a fab ebay deal on Grohe
lever taps) - only option is with overflow and plug-chain hole.

I'd like to use click-clack wastes (push to close, push to open) - so
I need to block off the unused chain hole.

Is there a product designed for this?

If not, what will make a really neat solution?

(My only idea so far is a short, fat, stainless steel coach bolt)

Why not use the plug chain assembly minus the chain and plug!

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Fitting new washbasins, all 2 taphole (I got a fab ebay deal on Grohe
lever taps) - only option is with overflow and plug-chain hole.

I'd like to use click-clack wastes (push to close, push to open) - so
I need to block off the unused chain hole.

Is there a product designed for this?

If not, what will make a really neat solution?

(My only idea so far is a short, fat, stainless steel coach bolt)

Just had the same problem. I used the top off a mirror screw (flat rather
than domed but domed would work) screwed into a deep bolt with a scew and
washer the other side & a rubber ring underneath to seal it. Mirror screws
still appear to be 6BA, or maybe the metric is close enough not to care.
Failing that, a short mirror screw and a bit of wood the other side would
work.

Chris K