Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default joining plastic gutter to metal

Joined to neighbour on one side. I will be changing my gutter to new
plastic soon, and hers is an old metal version, which appears to be
jointed with an overlapping section that is bolted to both halves. The
new plastic and old metal seem to be a pretty similar profile.
What is the best way to join these 2 gutters together ?
Cheers,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Joined to neighbour on one side. I will be changing my gutter to new
plastic soon, and hers is an old metal version, which appears to be
jointed with an overlapping section that is bolted to both halves. The
new plastic and old metal seem to be a pretty similar profile.
What is the best way to join these 2 gutters together ?
Cheers,
Simon.

Drill and bolt, using plenty of black silicone inbetween.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
Joined to neighbour on one side. I will be changing my gutter to new
plastic soon, and hers is an old metal version, which appears to be
jointed with an overlapping section that is bolted to both halves.
The new plastic and old metal seem to be a pretty similar profile.
What is the best way to join these 2 gutters together ?
Cheers,
Simon.

Drill and bolt, using plenty of black silicone inbetween.

you can get adapters to join different shapes. Example of ogee to it
to half round plastic
https://supreme1.sslpowered.com/cgi-...txt&item=00011
I only ever used one once, and that only stayed up for a few years until
the cast iron was replaced so I've no idea if it is better or worse than
Phil's approach.

joining plastic drive belts x Metalworking 7 March 17th 06 06:59 AM
Joining PVC Plastic Pipe Solvent Question Robert11 Home Repair 7 November 20th 05 12:55 AM
Joining plastic sink waste to cast iron? newman UK diy 8 September 6th 05 03:22 PM
Plastic gutter question newman UK diy 7 May 2nd 05 11:43 PM
Joining cast iron and plastic soil pipes? Peter Riocreux UK diy 0 April 6th 05 03:22 PM