Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Dodn't take long did it?

Following the very recent demise of Mr M Jackson, I received my first
phishing e-mail this morning;
"Reimbursement due to death of Pop King{Michael Jackson}

Due to millions of people that bought tickets for the show,i advise you
contact me immediately to avoid being on a long queue.

Mrs.Mitchelle Holmes,
Head of operation"

Doesn't take the scumbags long does it?

Why can't they write the things in English?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Didn't.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:56:20 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Didn't.

Dodn't was one of the Jackson Six.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:55:10 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Following the very recent demise of Mr M Jackson, I received my first
phishing e-mail this morning;

Sounds like a Nigerian (417?) scam rather than phishing though.

--
John Stumbles

Little Johnny's gone away, his like we'll see no more
For what he thought was H20 was H2SO4
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Following the very recent demise of Mr M Jackson, I received my first
phishing e-mail this morning;
"Reimbursement due to death of Pop King{Michael Jackson}

Due to millions of people that bought tickets for the show,i advise you
contact me immediately to avoid being on a long queue.

Mrs.Mitchelle Holmes,
Head of operation"

Doesn't take the scumbags long does it?

I just looked, and there's one in my junkmail.
The reply mail address points to a Microsoft host, so I assume
it's an attempt to mailbomb microsoft indirectly, rather than to
scam any money from you.

Why can't they write the things in English?

The poor English in Nigerian scams is 100% deliberate.
It significantly increases the take-up rate, apparently.
I recall reading why, but I can't remember now.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why can't they write the things in English?

Be glad they can't - makes them far less plausible.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 June, 00:55, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Following the very recent demise of Mr M Jackson, I received my first
phishing e-mail this morning;
"Reimbursement due to death of Pop King{Michael Jackson}

Due to millions of people that bought tickets for the show,i advise you
contact me immediately to avoid being on a long queue.

Mrs.Mitchelle Holmes,
Head of operation"

Doesn't take the scumbags long does it?

Why can't they write the things in English?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

Toom
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 June, 19:18, Andy Champ wrote:
Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. *That's a lot of potential
customers.

Yep, phishers would certainly be interested in 100 million potential
customers

Toom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

I heard various figures on the news over last couple of days
ranging from 55 million to 70 million, but not 100 million.
However, even though that's the largest single one, this is
only a tiny proportion of his total sales.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Jun 2009 14:18:42 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

I heard various figures on the news over last couple of days
ranging from 55 million to 70 million, but not 100 million.
However, even though that's the largest single one, this is
only a tiny proportion of his total sales.

True, but he *did* manage to hack-off a lot of fans at the time
by releasing pretty much the whole thing as singles, too.
Plus of course, the closer he gets to deification, the larger his
sales will be reported to have been
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

I heard various figures on the news over last couple of days
ranging from 55 million to 70 million, but not 100 million.
However, even though that's the largest single one, this is
only a tiny proportion of his total sales.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Wikipedia says sales are estimated to between 47 to 100 million.

That is some accounting error. I wonder how many sales he paid tax on.

Adam

PS I bought the Album.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

I heard various figures on the news over last couple of days
ranging from 55 million to 70 million, but not 100 million.
However, even though that's the largest single one, this is
only a tiny proportion of his total sales.

Wikipedia says sales are estimated to between 47 to 100 million.

That is some accounting error. I wonder how many sales he paid tax on.

Adam

PS I bought the Album.

I seem to have missed it at the time - probably thought it wasn't my
thing. I watched a poor quality version on youtube a couple of days
ago and thought it was good. I also found that he took out a patent
for leaning shoes
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/0...ksons-pat.html
and so I went on to watch "Smooth Criminal" stage show on youtube
where they're used, and that was impressive too.
I never much noticed his music before - strange how it can take
someone's death to draw attention to it.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

[...]

22 years later it is still done. Not with patented shoes this time (see 1min
10 secs in)

MJ was a talented performer. Not my favourite performer but still
innovative.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

om...

Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:

[...]

Duh

link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pg3f...eature=related

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Toom Tabard wrote:
Well, one might assume that if they're daft enough to spend money on
an M. Jackson concert......

He sold over 100 million copies of Thriller. That's a lot of potential
customers.

I heard various figures on the news over last couple of days
ranging from 55 million to 70 million, but not 100 million.
However, even though that's the largest single one, this is
only a tiny proportion of his total sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...bums_worldwide

100-109 million

Which is the source I used. And yet

http://ask.yahoo.com/20070418.html

says that the Eagles Greatest hits outsold it - with 29 million.

Ah - but this one

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_4133162

says 29 million is the _USA_ONLY_ sales.

OK, a bit more digging:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...io-albums.html
(which I won't bother to wrap)
Thriller, 109.

I'm bored with that. I don't even like it that much!

Andy

8' long rip on TS MikeWhy Woodworking 42 December 18th 08 06:01 PM
O/T: We've Come a LONG Way Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 90 June 9th 08 12:06 AM
Not For Too Long Tom Watson Woodworking 1 April 28th 06 03:27 AM
How long does it take? Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 28 January 26th 06 04:10 AM
Shock well - how long is too long? S.L. Home Ownership 1 January 16th 05 10:43 PM