Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome Basket 3.5" (90mm) Strainer

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for this sort of strainer/waste?

http://tinyurl.com/mt353o

It's for a Belfast Sink, the chrome plating has worn off ours and
erindoors says it has to be changed, also the strainer on ours has worn
out and needs replacing.

The construction is chromed heavy brass. I can find one UK supplier and
one kitchen company that is being a bit cagey but thinks they might be
able to sell me the strainer but not the waste. I can see cheap and
nasty stamped stainless steel and plastic equivalents a plenty but those
aren't acceptable replacements.

The one supplier I can find wants close to £50 for a replacement, which
seems to be taking the ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Steve Firth)
saying something like:

The construction is chromed heavy brass.

Get it re-chromed it if you can't find one and bung a cheapy in while
it's away.
Lobbed in a chroming basket with other stuff, the cost should be
minimal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Get it re-chromed it if you can't find one and bung a cheapy in while
it's away.
Lobbed in a chroming basket with other stuff, the cost should be
minimal.

I can't, the straining basket is bolloxed.

"the strainer on ours has worn out and needs replacing."