Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default paint brush cleaner and renovator?

Many years ago I bought a big tin of Dulux Paint Brush Cleaner and
Renovator. Lovely stuff - fairly viscous and non-volatile liquid. You
could leave brushes in it for ages then just wash out the paint with water
and a drop of washing-up liquid. Would dissolve old paint out of brushes
too, if not too dry.

I emptied the tin and went to my local Dulux Centre for more only to find it
seems not to exist now - the stuff they sold me is pretty poor by
comparison. Google search also comes up with nothing.

Anyone remember this stuff and can recommend an equivalent?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Norman Billingham" norman.at.tumulus.org.uk wrote in message
Many years ago I bought a big tin of Dulux Paint Brush Cleaner and
Renovator. Lovely stuff - fairly viscous and non-volatile liquid. You
could leave brushes in it for ages then just wash out the paint with water
and a drop of washing-up liquid. Would dissolve old paint out of brushes
too, if not too dry.

I emptied the tin and went to my local Dulux Centre for more only to find
it seems not to exist now - the stuff they sold me is pretty poor by
comparison. Google search also comes up with nothing.

Anyone remember this stuff and can recommend an equivalent?

Its not an equivalent but I use one of these
http://www.handysolutionsuk.com/Dand...Cle aners.htm
It literally shakes all the paint off and makes the brush like new.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Norman Billingham"
norman.at.tumulus.org.uk saying something like:

Anyone remember this stuff and can recommend an equivalent?

Biodiesel. Seriously.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 June, 18:23, "Norman Billingham" norman.at.tumulus.org.uk
wrote:
Many years ago I bought a big tin of Dulux Paint Brush Cleaner and
Renovator.
Anyone remember this stuff and can recommend an equivalent?

I used to use nothing else; brilliant stuff! They changed the name to
"Dulite". and
then made it unavailable. I now use a "Paintsafe" brush store.