Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi, DuoTec or Platinum?

Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 June, 21:31, "Mark BR" wrote:
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

--
mark BR

Yes those are the only differences, the Baxi is just OK, I would go
for something like a Vaillant.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
On 20 June, 21:31, "Mark BR" wrote:
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

--
mark BR

Yes those are the only differences, the Baxi is just OK, I would go
for something like a Vaillant.

And the integral mechanical timer is a £20 heap of ****e. (prolly a lot
,more than £20 but that is all it is worth)

The money must be for the 5 year warranty.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is
that the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more
expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

The one thing that's certain is anything *you* recommend is sheds loads
more expensive.

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
On 20 June, 21:31, "Mark BR" wrote:
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

--
mark BR

Yes those are the only differences, the Baxi is just OK, I would go
for something like a Vaillant.

But the vaillant costs more, not much but a bit. I'm looking for a basic
boiler that will run for 7 months (mainly just to keep an empty house from
freezing) without any intervention.

Actually if it does fail, which has happened with my current boiler in a few
winters, no problems seem to arise except my gas usage is so low the energy
company has difficulties sorting out a direct debit price.

Thanks for the comments, I'll weigh up between the Baxi Duo Tec and the
Vaillant Eco-Tec Pro.

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 June, 20:56, "Mark BR" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

On 20 June, 21:31, "Mark BR" wrote:

[...]

Yes the Vaillant ecoTEC pro is a good choice and the mechanical timer
you can get with it is better than the Baxi one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is
that the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more
expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

The

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that
the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
On 20 June, 21:31, "Mark BR" wrote:
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can
find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the
platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

Avoid the vaillant. Overpriced for what they are. Go for the Broag. Better
quality, design, control system, and cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that
the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is
that the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more
expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual
temperature" boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

What are they?

I need a boiler that will supply central heating only when I ask for it and
hot water when I turn a tap on.

As such the only control I need is a room thermostat that I turn up when I'm
cold and turn down for the rest of the time. I do not even need a time
clock.

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

Ignore the drivel from the doctor,he'll probably be recommending
something else in a month or two.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark BR wrote:
I need a boiler that will supply central heating only when I ask for it
and hot water when I turn a tap on.

As such the only control I need is a room thermostat that I turn up when
I'm cold and turn down for the rest of the time. I do not even need a
time clock.

Are you 'up' 24/7? If not there's little point in running the heating
overnight. Of course a programmable thermostat can set the temp so low at
night it never comes on.

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

**** OFF amateur idiot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

The Broag combi will do that with integral weather compensation - all in the
white box. You fit an outside temp senor and an inside temp sensor if you
want. Set up and hey presto it will be on or off by you and no need to use
the timer. The weather compensation promotes higher comfort and lower fuel
consumption, making it very economical. It comes with it as stadard and it
is a well priced quality boiler.

Take no notice of the regular lunatics here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only
difference I can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum
combi boiler is that the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty
and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual
temperature" boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

What are they?

Same as yours ...

lots of pretty pills

--
bumsnase
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

Don't you love it when dribble talks to himself ?

--
bumsnase

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

What are they?

Same as yours ...

lots of pretty pills

If only dribble would take them. To the prescribed amount, obviously.

--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

**** OFF amateur idiot!

Don't you love it when dribble talks to himself ?

Maxie, what are you on? Have you been smoking that stuff again? Fantastic,
it gives you a totally different view of life in its entirety Maxie. Keep
it up. Do you still disco dance in a viz jacket Maxie? What a man! So
suave, such panache.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

What are they?

Same as yours ...

lots of pretty pills

Maxie! You are not into pills as well as you? I never! With you playing
in an exploding Paddy band too. Shocking. Diddly-dee, diddly-dee, dee,
boom. What a man! What a man! So suave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

What are they?

Same as yours ...

lots of pretty pills

If

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

I'm enjoying myself .......................

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

I do not spend the winter in the UK. And why do I need a complicated
automated system when I can just turn the dial up, or down, a little?

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark BR wrote:
I need a boiler that will supply central heating only when I ask for it
and hot water when I turn a tap on.

As such the only control I need is a room thermostat that I turn up when
I'm cold and turn down for the rest of the time. I do not even need a
time clock.

Are you 'up' 24/7? If not there's little point in running the heating
overnight. Of course a programmable thermostat can set the temp so low at
night it never comes on.

No, but my getting up time varies from 5am to 9am, bedtime is just as
variable. Some days I am in all day, sometimes out all day. No timer system
can keep track of me.

Added to which I spend 7 months a year in Thailand, and guess what, those
are the cold months!

So if I want heating I turn the thermostat to 20C, if I don't I turn it to
5C. OK a bit nippy for 15 minutes or so but I can take that. (Sometimes)

Thanks for the comments

--
mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

7In article ,

Mark BR wrote:
I need a boiler that will supply central heating only when I ask for
it and hot water when I turn a tap on.

As such the only control I need is a room thermostat that I turn up
when I'm cold and turn down for the rest of the time. I do not even
need a time clock.

Are you 'up' 24/7? If not there's little point in running the heating
overnight. Of course a programmable thermostat can set the temp so low
at night it never comes on.

No, but my getting up time varies from 5am to 9am, bedtime is just as
variable. Some days I am in all day, sometimes out all day. No timer
system can keep track of me.

Same with me. I'm freelance and if working away from home the hours could
be anything. And I could be at home any day of the week - or working
weekends. But I'll need hot water for a bath etc - so that needs to be
timed to avoid wasting energy. The heating I need to switch on and off
easily. Weather compensated systems are fine for those on 24/7 -
something those ****s like dribble with his one size fits all mentality
simply can't comprehend.

Added to which I spend 7 months a year in Thailand, and guess what,
those are the cold months!

So if I want heating I turn the thermostat to 20C, if I don't I turn it
to 5C. OK a bit nippy for 15 minutes or so but I can take that.
(Sometimes)

My system can all be controlled from an extra programmer in the kitchen -
so I don't need to fiddle with a thermostat. Not that I have one - it's
just a sensor.

Thanks for the comments

You're welcome. ;-)

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
[...]

It is not complicated, maybe to you. Once set, which is easy, you leave
it and switch off and on. I am trying to get the best you - I am a
heating engineer. You say you are not in the UK in the winter months.
Then you need frost protection to avoid freezing. The Broag Remeha has
that integrated. So you need heating for Spring and Autumn. The Broag
will do that and cheaply as well. The weather compensation is there, it is
free with the boiler in the control panel, and it will ensure cheap bills.
Just an outside temp sensor is all you need. You can also have a simple
stat, if that is what you want, to cut out the boiler. But the rad
temperatures are dictated by weather compensator, so not too hot in winter
or Spring, just nice.

Take no notice of loonies here. Many need sectioning.

And tagging. You have not suggested that anyone needs tagging this week.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that
the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?
Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

Dribble will decide what those are for you. Any co-incidence with
reality is entirely accidental...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark BR" wrote in message
Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I
can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that
the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?
Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature"
boiler with integral weather compensation.

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather
compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.
It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

Dribble will decide what those are for you. Any co-incidence with
reality is entirely accidental...

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Lol, Drivel has just said he is a heating engineer, I would love to
see some pictures of his crazy two combi, heat store etc
installations.

Did someone just say plantpot?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

Lol, Drivel has just said he is a heating engineer, I would love to
see some pictures of his crazy two combi, heat store etc
installations.

Yet another example of how the word "engineer" gets abused in the UK...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I am trying to get the best you - I am a heating
engineer.

Jesus wept.

--
*Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I am trying to get the best you - I am a heating
engineer.

Please eff off as you a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I am trying to get the best you - I am a heating
engineer.

Jesus wept.

Unlike drivels joints, which gush

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...

And tagging. You have not suggested that anyone needs tagging this week.

I have. I blame Thatcher.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Dri

This man is a Chav from Essex you know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message

I would love to see some pictures of his
crazy two combi, heat store etc
installations.

Do you know what a boiler looks like? The picture two on the wall. Easy
isn't it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Yet another example

This man is a Chav from Essex you know. He needs sectioning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Do you know what a boiler looks like? The picture two on the wall.

Most boilers I have seen have been box shaped, more or less. I can't
recall a single one looking like the numer two.

Drivel on the other hand reminds me of number twos.