Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT silver gold platinum

I'd like to run a simple informal survey.

How many people got hit with non-authorized charges on their credit
cards this holiday season.

I'll start off the bidding with $900 charged from the electric utility
that I don't even have an account with. (?)

Master Card backed it off without a question.

But it got me to wondering...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

I'd like to run a simple informal survey.

How many people got hit with non-authorized charges on their credit
cards this holiday season.

Not so far but your post caused me to check both my credit card and debit accounts.

I'll start off the bidding with $900 charged from the electric utility
that I don't even have an account with. (?)

Master Card backed it off without a question.

I hope someone questions the person connected with the utility account.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-26, Ned Simmons wrote:
The bank manager told me, based only on what she's seen locally, that
there seemed to be an uptick in CC and debit card fraud recently.

I had a story seemingly just out of movie "Idiocracy". I subscribed to
a sprint "wireless broadband" service 2 months ago. Supplied a credit
card also.

Today out of the blue I received a email notice from them that my
account was delinquent and they are about to refer me to a collection
agency and that the sky is falling.

The email did not provide any phone number and said "dial *4 on your
sprint phone". Which I never had.

So I called them. Asked how come I never received any bills. Turns out
that "I was not set up for billing".

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/